• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
It's a great series that's very exciting, but I do agree with Dents that they over dramatize some things. Just watch it to get interested in the sport and take any interpersonal conflicts they present with a grain of salt.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Drive to Survive makes them look like soccer players rolling and crying on the grass after tripping on a ghost.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Needed some mayo on those pistons.

FB_IMG_1638300676232.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's fucked up.

Yeah, that's nuts. And it's the worst color offered. Eeewwwww.

Lots of people don't like those wheels either, but I kind of like them.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI

The wheels are definitely growing on me after seeing them in person. That being said, I saw pretorias right after and still think those are the best looking.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

I like the car, but the price is shocking, and that is in US dollars too. Dude - my baby momma purchased a GLC43 - it was $90K CAD. This was in Sept - car has not arrived yet. Yesterday, sleazy shitbag salesman calls and is like, yeah, we have people offering $115K for that car, so that's what the new price is, let us know and "we'll keep it for you". I lost my shit. I drove 45 mins form Toronto last night to the dealership, met with the GM - threatened them that I am a journalist and that I am going to blast the dealership about their unethical practices all over twitter; long story short, price remained at $90K and I got free winter wheels and rubber; the car, however is delayed again and is most likely coming in Feb - original date of arrival was supposed to be mid Oct.

EDIT - I am not a journalist and I don't use twitter.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I know they're very different cars, but at those prices, if I wanted a DSG, I would just get an Arteon. Bigger, nicer inside, IS38, 4 motion, and way better looking. Plus they still go at or below MSRP.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just makes me so glad I got my car when I did. I considered a mk8 back in 2019 when I thought they'd be 2021's, just to keep a pattern going. I had a 2001 mk4 GTI, then a 2011 mk6 GTI, so I thought having a 2021 mk8 GTI would be pretty cool. I'd much rather have my R lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When I was looking at Rs at the end of 2019 Lakeland VW had some of the best pricing in the state. All of their Rs were like $38.9k-40.5k. Now their GTIs are at R prices.

View attachment 231692

View attachment 231693

https://www.lakelandvw.com/inventor...-gti-autobahn-fwd-hatchback-wvw687cd0nw124784

https://www.lakelandvw.com/inventory/new-2022-volkswagen-golf-gti-se-fwd-hatchback-wvw487cd7nw123056

They were the cheapest when I was looking for the 19, but I ended up buying at St. Augustine, because that's where I would be getting service and any warranty work. Builds good will and sometimes that's the difference between them going to bat for you on a claim or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.