GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Who is Brandon and why is every trump cronie talking about him?

It's a secret handshake for a club that you don't want to be a part of.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It's not just Trumpers saying Lets Go Brandon (FJB).

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just read a bit about the Dengue fever and vaccination attempts. The topic of antibody-dependent enhancement came up. Apparently similar phenomena can arise when trying to vaccinate against coronaviruses.

Side note on random things said by people: why is the approach "vaccinate or bust?" Whatever happened to working on developing treatments/cures?
I think that's a rhetorical question considering all we've seen and heard over the last almost two years.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just read a bit about the Dengue fever and vaccination attempts. The topic of antibody-dependent enhancement came up. Apparently similar phenomena can arise when trying to vaccinate against coronaviruses.

Side note on random things said by people: why is the approach "vaccinate or bust?" Whatever happened to working on developing treatments/cures?
I think that's a rhetorical question considering all we've seen and heard over the last almost two years.
Pharmaceutical companies certainly won't work on cures because they want you to keep buying drugs that mostly treat symptoms. There are many natural remedies that use ozone intravenously that work on many different things but aren't accepted the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies will continue to lobby to keep them as non approved and therefore not covered by insurance. Hydrogen peroxide therapy is just one of them which has many uses.

https://www.austinozone.com/therapies/intravenous-hydrogen-peroxide-therapy/

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Pharmaceutical companies certainly won't work on cures because they want you to keep buying drugs that mostly treat symptoms. There are many natural remedies that use ozone intravenously that work on many different things but aren't accepted the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies will continue to lobby to keep them as non approved and therefore not covered by insurance. Hydrogen peroxide therapy is just one of them which has many uses.

https://www.austinozone.com/therapies/intravenous-hydrogen-peroxide-therapy/

Hence my comment about it being a rhetorical question.

npace

Autocross Champion
You do realize that the heave crude that Canada would have transported via the XL pipeline a) would do nothing to change internationally set oil prices and b) is not even used in the United States. The US uses "Light Sweet Crude." The stuff that comes from Canada is a heavier crude that would be shipped to international markets. All one has to do is look at the disaster caused by the BP Oil spill that the southern coastal states and marine life are still dealing with to this day to understand the concerns on the XL pipeline and it traversing some environmentally sensitive areas in the United States.
False. Canada is not an OPEC nation and therefore, does not sell at established OPEC prices. The US does not exclusively use light sweet crude, see here: https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=8130.

Stop making statements that don't make sense to support your baseless claims. You want to yell at people about how they make baseless claims of election fraud and whatever else, but you make statements about things you don't know when you could find out with a 5 minute web search.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
False. Canada is not an OPEC nation and therefore, does not sell at established OPEC prices. The US does not exclusively use light sweet crude, see here: https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=8130.

Stop making statements that don't make sense to support your baseless claims. You want to yell at people about how they make baseless claims of election fraud and whatever else, but you make statements about things you don't know when you could find out with a 5 minute web search.
WTF are you talking about? OPEC sets the market price. Of course I'm aware Canada of North America is not an OPEC nation. What, you think Canada sells oil at a discount over OPEC prices? 😂 Oil is a commodity, bro... OPEC sets the market price. Canada sells oil at market price. Whether Canada sells one drop of oil or millions of barrels, OPEC will set market price. Unless you're North Korea or China buying oil from sanctioned Iran, you're gonna pay the market price for a barrel of crude... period.

npace

Autocross Champion
WTF are you talking about? OPEC sets the market price. Of course I'm aware Canada of North America is not an OPEC nation. What, you think Canada sells oil at a discount over OPEC prices? 😂 Oil is a commodity, bro... OPEC sets the market price. Canada sells oil at market price. Whether Canada sells one drop of oil or millions of barrels, OPEC will set market price. Unless you're North Korea or China buying oil from sanctioned Iran, you're gonna pay the market price for a barrel of crude... period.
No, you're wrong, but I applaud your commitment to doubling down on false information. Now I know why you like CNN. Market forces dictate the price of oil, not OPEC. OPEC only controls the price of oil from OPEC nations. It varies based on the type of oil as well as where its coming from. Commodity prices, whether its oil or another commodity, don't work the way you seem to think they do. When the news talks about the swing for the price per barrel of oil, it is talking typically about Brent sweet crude, although there are other types, used globally.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...eavy-Crude-As-Light-Oil-Production-Booms.html

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/081315/opec-vs-us-who-controls-oil-prices.asp

Here's a list of global oil prices by country:

https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/#prices

Your two degrees clearly weren't in economics, which we've already discussed. Stop making up nonsense.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Moron, any country can set its price. No one is under obligation to sell at OPEC prices. Moreover, oil prices factor in too many variables for OPEC to be the sole determinant.

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
Denying there was election fraud is baseless as well. Think before commenting as there are always more sides to the story.
Basically your baseless premise is basically baseless.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
No, you're wrong, but I applaud your commitment to doubling down on false information. Now I know why you like CNN. Market forces dictate the price of oil, not OPEC. OPEC only controls the price of oil from OPEC nations. It varies based on the type of oil as well as where its coming from. Commodity prices, whether its oil or another commodity, don't work the way you seem to think they do. When the news talks about the swing for the price per barrel of oil, it is talking typically about Brent sweet crude, although there are other types, used globally.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...eavy-Crude-As-Light-Oil-Production-Booms.html

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/081315/opec-vs-us-who-controls-oil-prices.asp

Here's a list of global oil prices by country:

https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/#prices

Your two degrees clearly weren't in economics, which we've already discussed. Stop making up nonsense.

You're the one doubling down on misinformation, so applaud yourself. I mean, why don't you provide me links to the friggin' weather while you're at it... giving me a link to global oil prices was supposed to prove what, exactly? So, if OPEC shuts off oil production tomorrow, you think Canada is going to set the price? OPEC, because they produce so much of the world's oil effectively sets the price. No, OPEC does not say, oh, hey, we'd like a barrel of oil to be $100, but what they do, is they use their cartel pricing power as an oil oligopoly to effectively set world oil prices.... the price too low, they can just reduce production. The price too high, they can increase production. The crude oil markets are not just Invisible Hand free markets... they are manipulated by OPEC nations.

The XL pipeline was never going to produce enough oil to really matter on the international markets, and furthermore, the oil is still getting out of Canada... it would just get out of Canada more efficiently. And, again, you're just wrong to conclude or even suggest that Canadian oil via the XL pipeline would have much of anything to do with Light Sweet Crude oil prices (used in the USA) that are mostly effected by the behaviors of OPEC. There are other larger producers of oil outside of OPEC that can make it more difficult for OPEC to control the price of oil, but the XL Pipeline has basically nothing to do with the pricing of international oil... you could switch the XL pipeline on or off and it would have no effect on world oil prices.

You're wrong, but nice try using links that have nothing to do with your claim... how about find me a link that says the XL pipeline would make a difference in world oil prices??????? Why not find me THAT link... maybe because that link only exists in your head.

Reactions: WAP

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Denying there was election fraud is baseless as well. Think before commenting as there are always more sides to the story.
Basically your baseless premise is basically baseless.
Yeah, there was election fraud by Republicans... both at the individual voter level as well as the former President and his communist Republican conspirators that tried to undermine Democracy. Tell me what Democrats committed election fraud (and don't just give me some unproven right wing BS, show me Democrats... more than 100 across the United States that were prosecuted and convicted for election fraud).

I'll wait...

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yeah, there was election fraud by Republicans... both at the individual voter level as well as the former President and his communist Republican conspirators that tried to undermine Democracy. Tell me what Democrats committed election fraud (and don't just give me some unproven right wing BS, show me Democrats... more than 100 across the United States that were prosecuted and convicted for election fraud).

I'll wait...

Hahahahahahaha! Lolwut

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
Screenshot_20211027-111045.png