GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I stood next to someone at the range yesterday and watched his brand new Sig P365 break after 23 rounds...Trigger broke, just snapped internally. I carry the same handgun as my CCW :rolleyes: I really thought we were past the QC issues.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Went to the mountains with my family and for the first time in my life, I was able to just walk off into the hills and do some plinking with empties from the night before.

Maybe someday when my kids are older I can have enough property to plunk in the backyard.
CB5C46CD-EAF2-47D1-813B-35E75DAD8194.jpeg

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I stood next to someone at the range yesterday and watched his brand new Sig P365 break after 23 rounds...Trigger broke, just snapped internally. I carry the same handgun as my CCW :rolleyes: I really thought we were past the QC issues.
I know that nobody wants it to be them, but when you make anything in big enough quantities, some parts that shouldn't pass QC will slip through, and the P365 has been one of the best selling pistols in the country since it came out.

I've seen broken strikers in fairly new M&P and Glock pistols that were almost certainly due to improper heat treatment. The first Glock 43X and 48 I handled had weirdly different feeling triggers in guns that should be identical apart from the slide and barrel length; one was typical the Gen 5 feel, one was surprisingly gritty. Oh, and as much as people rave about the old German made SIG P226/228/220, if you go to replace sights on them, flip a coin on which sight you'll need to file to fit in an extra tight dovetail, or peen to stay in a loose dovetail.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Interesting! My P365 has been flawless and is pretty damn accurate for such a small pistol.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Went to the mountains with my family and for the first time in my life, I was able to just walk off into the hills and do some plinking with empties from the night before.

Maybe someday when my kids are older I can have enough property to plunk in the backyard.
View attachment 228904
Need larger caliber and better beer.

😊

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Interesting! My P365 has been flawless and is pretty damn accurate for such a small pistol.
Mine too! 2019 build. 2500+ rounds and not a single issue.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ordered a Ballistics Advantage 18" fluted stainless SPR barrel in .223 wylde for my first build from scratch. Looking forward to finding a thick walled Vltor upper receiver with no forward assist in stock.

Also just received my CCR trigger for my Sig M400 enhanced. I have heard nothing but great things about this trigger and if all goes well will get another for my current build. I try to stay consistent with caliber usage and trigger feel for consistency in feel and execution.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I know that nobody wants it to be them, but when you make anything in big enough quantities, some parts that shouldn't pass QC will slip through, and the P365 has been one of the best selling pistols in the country since it came out.

I've seen broken strikers in fairly new M&P and Glock pistols that were almost certainly due to improper heat treatment. The first Glock 43X and 48 I handled had weirdly different feeling triggers in guns that should be identical apart from the slide and barrel length; one was typical the Gen 5 feel, one was surprisingly gritty. Oh, and as much as people rave about the old German made SIG P226/228/220, if you go to replace sights on them, flip a coin on which sight you'll need to file to fit in an extra tight dovetail, or peen to stay in a loose dovetail.
No excuse for it. You check the first piece off the line then the last piece at whatever interval the QA manager wants to use.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
R/GunDeals was good to me over Black Friday.

Eotech EXPS 2.0, Radian Raptor LT charging handle (still hasn't shipped) and 1,000 rounds of .223.

View attachment 231757

I wonder if Tula casings get stuck in semis. They sure as hell get stuck in my Mosin. I buy Barnaul instead.
As a side note: Russians themselves don't recommend running Tula. A special ops guy had a 9mm blow up his Glock during exercises.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I wonder if Tula casings get stuck in semis. They sure as hell get stuck in my Mosin. I buy Barnaul instead.
As a side note: Russians themselves don't recommend running Tula. A special ops guy had a 9mm blow up his Glock during exercises.
Woah that's crazy.... I've run about 3k rounds of Tula in a few different semi-auto rifles and I've never had a single issue. Never tried their handgun ammo though.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ordered a Ballistics Advantage 18" fluted stainless SPR barrel in .223 wylde for my first build from scratch. Looking forward to finding a thick walled Vltor upper receiver with no forward assist in stock.

Also just received my CCR trigger for my Sig M400 enhanced. I have heard nothing but great things about this trigger and if all goes well will get another for my current build. I try to stay consistent with caliber usage and trigger feel for consistency in feel and execution.

BA barrels are hit or miss, and take a while to break in. If you’re shooting shit ball ammo, it’ll be fine, but I wouldn’t expect to be winning matches with it.