GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbosmart DV Question

Not_Sean

Hey guys,

More stupid questions from me.

We got sent this kit for the GTi and I've asked them but they'll be chatting to their techs on it, thought I would ask here.

So with this kit
http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Pro...-BOVs/BOV-Kompact-VAG-2-0T-V2-Plumb-Back.html

Can it be plumbed back into the Intake pipe if we add a bit for it for a bit of noise through the cone filter, or does it have to go into the intake manifold? its got a thing that messes with the plug included anyways, so from what I can see the car doesn't care where it goes?

The driver is a fan of the intake dump instead of Vent to Atmos so just seeing if we can make it happen.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Hey guys,

We got sent this kit for the GTi and I've asked them but they'll be chatting to their techs on it, thought I would ask here.

So with this kit
http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Pro...-BOVs/BOV-Kompact-VAG-2-0T-V2-Plumb-Back.html

Can it be plumbed back into the Intake pipe if we add a bit for it for a bit of noise through the cone filter, or does it have to go into the intake manifold? Only if you install a DV relocation kit. its got a thing that messes with the plug included anyways, so from what I can see the car doesn't care where it goes? Right, again it needs a relocation kit if you want it to release pressure into the intake to turbo adapter hose.

The driver is a fan of the intake dump instead of Vent to Atmos so just seeing if we can make it happen.
Assuming it is a K03, relocate the DV or it will have to be mounted to the turbo where the oem DV is now. AWE and Unitronic have relocate kits...others may as well. I have had AWE's for 9 years with their Porsche type DV and it has been working flawlessly.
DV Relocate kits; https://www.google.com/search?q=mk5...7qLdAhUOKHwKHRoZBToQ_AUICigB&biw=1147&bih=505

Not_Sean

Assuming it is a K03, relocate the DV or it will have to be mounted to the turbo where the oem DV is now. AWE and Unitronic have relocate kits...others may as well. I have had AWE's for 9 years with their Porsche type DV and it has been working flawlessly.
DV Relocate kits; https://www.google.com/search?q=mk5...7qLdAhUOKHwKHRoZBToQ_AUICigB&biw=1147&bih=505

Thanks man, Yeah was looking into those as well,

But heard back from TSmart, has to go into the intake manifold but they have a 50/50 DV so we going to just run that instead. installs without any changes and will be the same when we go up to K04 for the car.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Volkswagen-Kompact-BOVs/TS-0203-1041-.html

Just going to get it down when we doing a Carbon clean and Cam follower replacement. Might as well do it all while we are in there.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Good plan...that would be a similar to AWE set-up with a DV wiring simulator. And there's a dual inline boost and DV tap for the manifold post to PCV tube...that's nice to have.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hey guys,

So with this kit

Can it be plumbed back into the Intake pipe if we add a bit for it for a bit of noise through the cone filter, or does it have to go into the intake manifold? its got a thing that messes with the plug included anyways, so from what I can see the car doesn't care where it goes?

Not a big fan of the aftermarket DVs. Just use the latest OEM which also is a piston type. Been messing with my car since 2008 always hear issues about aftermarket DVs. Zero issues with OEM piston type (Rev D). I know you got it for free but I personally wouldn't use it. I used OEM piston type on my K04 setup for 4 years with zero issues. (of course this is just my opinion based on my experience and reading the forum for 10 years)

Also this appears to be a vacuum operated valve, I think I prefer the faster acting OEM electronic valve.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
GIACUser, You should spend some time listening to those in the UK and other Euro spots....they'll go on and on about the Rev-D not being as good as the Rev-G. Saying all of the time the Rev-D doesn't seal 100% and it breaks. And, they have proof where it was tested to not seal...only no one has ever returned with a link to the said proof test vid they mentioned they saw, LOL. I always reply the 'D doesn't fail as often as they have heard it does...but they are dead set on the 'D being a flawed design. I still would opt for the 'D over the 'G myself if I reverted back to the oem DV. I have thought about giving one a go for a trial just because it has been a long time since running one. Would be easy enough to swap with the DV relocate and the oem plug zip-tied nearby.

OP, I have used the AWE Porsche DV, vac operated, for 9 years and it has never failed...all while holding boost from 23 psi to 28 psi. Nor have I noticed anything I didn't like about it. The only possible failure I can see my DV ever having would be a broken or weakened spring inside it...and that is likely not going to happen. But post your findings and thoughts about the TS DV after you have given it a go.

Sefedu

Thanks!

mae4_king

Car(s)
BMW X5
Thanks man, Yeah was looking into those as well,

But heard back from TSmart, has to go into the intake manifold but they have a 50/50 DV so we going to just run that instead. installs without any changes and will be the same when we go up to K04 for the car.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Volkswagen-Kompact-BOVs/TS-0203-1041-.html

Just going to get it down when we doing a Carbon clean and Cam follower replacement. Might as well do it all while we are in there.
I asked about these from my mate at vw and i think the kit was about £300 might be a bit more as it was just a rough price as i think these would be good for me when i fit the RS4 setup on the front.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
BTW, and I don't know if the original post was edited, but the product link there now is for an electric external wastegate. If it was not edited...then I too missed that before.
It is large and has V-band at its ends to be mounted to the exhaust.
Totally different than a diverter valve.

mae4_king

Car(s)
BMW X5
BTW, and I don't know if the original post was edited, but the product link there now is for an electric external wastegate. If it was not edited...then I too missed that before.
It is large and has V-band at its ends to be mounted to the exhaust.
Totally different than a diverter valve.
Oh thank u

jillenel

Car(s)
TOYOTA
I broght the bov to my mechanic to have it tested. He plugged a tube into the nipple of the valve. When he pumped air through the valve did not move. When we tested my old dv, there was movement. He also tested a brand new forge splitter and it also have valve movement.
He tested using a special program from the company Computools