GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

cb1111

Isn't the jury still out on how proven and long the mRNA vaccines are effective? And against other variants.
Looks like about a half year or 8 months from what we know in the US.

In Europe, being recovered from COVID is considered as giving you 180 days worth of immunity, while the Pfizer and Moderna are considered effective for 360 days. AstraZeneca for 270 days.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

In Europe, being recovered from COVID is considered as giving you 180 days worth of immunity, while the Pfizer and Moderna are considered effective for 360 days. AstraZeneca for 270 days.
That's funny, I have read the contrary. Also noted antibodies and vaccines will not stop you from infection/reinfection from a different strain. It's science.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Then why is Pfizer recommending a booster shot after 8 months? There is much to be learned still and only time will provide the definitive answers.

cb1111

cb1111

Then why is Pfizer recommending a booster shot after 8 months? There is much to be learned still and only time will provide the definitive answers.
Hard to say. We've done far more research on booster shots than Europe. While Europe has surpassed the US in vaccinations, they were later to the game and are only now starting to think about boosters.

I suspect that Europe will be recommending boosters around the 8/9 month mark at some point too.

As ide from the conspiracy theories that this is a pure money grab, it is a bit of a political sticky wicket in Europe as there is far much of a push there to get the entire world vaccinated before they do boosters.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hard to say. We've done far more research on booster shots than Europe. While Europe has surpassed the US in vaccinations, they were later to the game and are only now starting to think about boosters.

I suspect that Europe will be recommending boosters around the 8/9 month mark at some point too.

As ide from the conspiracy theories that this is a pure money grab, it is a bit of a political sticky wicket in Europe as there is far much of a push there to get the entire world vaccinated before they do boosters.
Well there goes the 360 protection you said. I'm eligible for a booster shot now.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not following how any data in the 3G rule proves anything in reference to length of active antibodies or vaccine resistance time line. Only rules are presented as to what a very controlling government will accept in dictating to the public. I shod not be surprised this is out of Austria.

cb1111

Well there goes the 360 protection you said. I'm eligible for a booster shot now.
Jim, you're sucking up the bullshit from this site.

I reported what the Europeans are saying right now. I didn't say anything about validity. The Europeans are saying the 180/270/360 based on their best guesses and that was before they even thought about boosters. They recently reduced the validity of the PCR test from 72 to 48 hours and the antigen test from 48 to 24 hours.

These are clearly not absolutes. The only thing that is an absolute is that the vaccination works.

One of the Austrian political parties is somewhere between neutral on vaccinations and anti-vax. The other party set up a tent to vaccinate those that wanted to get vaccinated but didn't want to admit it - apparently there was a significant amount of takers amongst those "almost anti-vaxxers" Action in front of the National Council - "Secret Vaccination Centre": JVP frotzelt Freedom Party | krone.at

"protection" (isn't really 100%, but will most likely keep you from ending up in hospital or dying) obviously isn't the same for everyone. Each person's immune system is different, so each person will have different "protection".

Given your medical history and your social habits (out and about in medical environments), you should ask your doctor if there are any reasons not to get the booster.

I got the booster two weeks ago and aside from having 7G phone reception, everything else is the same. I was tired for a day after the shot, so get it on a day when you're off the next day.

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jim, you're sucking up the bullshit from this site.

I reported what the Europeans are saying right now. I didn't say anything about validity. The Europeans are saying the 180/270/360 based on their best guesses and that was before they even thought about boosters. They recently reduced the validity of the PCR test from 72 to 48 hours and the antigen test from 48 to 24 hours.

These are clearly not absolutes. The only thing that is an absolute is that the vaccination works.

One of the Austrian political parties is somewhere between neutral on vaccinations and anti-vax. The other party set up a tent to vaccinate those that wanted to get vaccinated but didn't want to admit it - apparently there was a significant amount of takers amongst those "almost anti-vaxxers" Action in front of the National Council - "Secret Vaccination Centre": JVP frotzelt Freedom Party | krone.at

"protection" (isn't really 100%, but will most likely keep you from ending up in hospital or dying) obviously isn't the same for everyone. Each person's immune system is different, so each person will have different "protection".

Given your medical history and your social habits (out and about in medical environments), you should ask your doctor if there are any reasons not to get the booster.

I got the booster two weeks ago and aside from having 7G phone reception, everything else is the same. I was tired for a day after the shot, so get it on a day when you're off the next day.
If by this site you mean this thread I haven't absorbed anything that anyone has posted with regards to Covid. It's a fluid situation that is changing month to month as more is learned. I do not use information from this thread to arrive at conclusions. I'm on the fence about the booster shot. From what I've been reading I'm more interested in the Novavax shot but it's not available in the US yet inexplicably.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI