GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any here into retro gaming?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Yeah I float in and out of retro collecting too. I usually will go through phases where I got some systems, mod them, play them, get rid of them, and then kick myself in the ass a few years down the line.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Nice!!! You don't see those very often out in the wild. Do any of you remember the Sega CDX (at least I think that is what is what called)? It was an all one Genesis, portable CD player, and Sega CD all in one.
The CDX was the one I didn't have. I do remember looking for one...but I don't think eBay way around and the only places I really checked was video game stores.

There was this local place called "Game Dude". It was a pretty big still that sold slot of second hand games and systems.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Finished last night. Game was far too easy compared to the original. Enemies don't even nail you as you go through the bubble doors! The original made sure you cleared the room or made you pay for it.
These 8 bit games are pretty damn hard. I went through a few of them on my bootleg system...and on most...I can't even get past the first level. I can't make it halfway past the first level on Master Blaster😖

I saw you mentioned the Lynx. I dug mine out from the bottom of my drawer. It still works and the two games I have both suck. I got this for the sake of having it.

Next to my bootleg Switch...with some 600 games.

IMG_20210624_153215~2.jpg

IMG_20210624_152857~2.jpg

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Yeah I float in and out of retro collecting too. I usually will go through phases where I got some systems, mod them, play them, get rid of them, and then kick myself in the ass a few years down the line.
Oh. Yeah. I don’t necessarily sell everything. I have a core collection i go for. I do buy and sell, but these are games I only because they were cheap or I knew the price was way too low and could profit on them. I actually haven’t found too many to add to my personal collection as of late. That’s fine though. The profit funds other stuff, like the R.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
These 8 bit games are pretty damn hard. I went through a few of them on my bootleg system...and on most...I can't even get past the first level. I can't make it halfway past the first level on Master Blaster😖

I saw you mentioned the Lynx. I dug mine out from the bottom of my drawer. It still works and the two games I have both suck. I got this for the sake of having it.

Next to my bootleg Switch...with some 600 games.

View attachment 217644

View attachment 217645
I think that’s a bootleg Vita, first gen. It is in Switch colors though.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Went down the rabbit hole of purchasing 3 arcade 1up cabinets and modding them to play all my childhood arcade games so that I could share the experience with my kids. They use raspberry pi 3b+’s and run mame games through a user friendly front end. It was mostly just a fun project out of boredom and became proof of concept for me when I’m ready to build a full size arcade cab.
6B9BE71A-CD6F-4EE8-BE8D-8F88AE343A5B.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Went down the rabbit hole of purchasing 3 arcade 1up cabinets and modding them to play all my childhood arcade games so that I could share the experience with my kids. They use raspberry pi 3b+’s and run mame games through a user friendly front end. It was mostly just a fun project out of boredom and became proof of concept for me when I’m ready to build a full size arcade cab. View attachment 217728
Nice!!!!!! I am waiting for one of the OneUp machines to go on sale at the local Wallyworld so I can do the same. Any issues getting the Pi hooked up to the joystick/display?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
These are cool, too big for my tastes. I have always wanted to buy an old pinball machine and make it Portal themed. I feel the content would lend itself well to the pinball format.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Nice!!!!!! I am waiting for one of the OneUp machines to go on sale at the local Wallyworld so I can do the same. Any issues getting the Pi hooked up to the joystick/display?

Since the displays and buttons/joysticks on them are all aftermarket there wasn't much needed to get them working with the Pi. The vertical screen in the middle is hdmi and the 4:3 - 19 inch on the left has a vga to hdmi adapter. The buttons/joysticks use a simple adapter board so they can be plugged in via usb to the pi. The cabinet on the far right is mostly "stock", just has a reflashed board with more games, some led lighting, and a light up marquee. It's really quite a simple build when you break it down, it just has a cool presentation in the arcade cabinet.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Since the displays and buttons/joysticks on them are all aftermarket there wasn't much needed to get them working with the Pi. The vertical screen in the middle is hdmi and the 4:3 - 19 inch on the left has a vga to hdmi adapter. The buttons/joysticks use a simple adapter board so they can be plugged in via usb to the pi. The cabinet on the far right is mostly "stock", just has a reflashed board with more games, some led lighting, and a light up marquee. It's really quite a simple build when you break it down, it just has a cool presentation in the arcade cabinet.
You have inspired my next project once I get my car finished up

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 GTI
I've got a modded SNES mini with a full catalog of games from ATARI, Turbographix, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA... I tried doing it myself but I messed it up lol. I know a guy who does it. He mods Switches now too.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
Went down the rabbit hole of purchasing 3 arcade 1up cabinets and modding them to play all my childhood arcade games so that I could share the experience with my kids. They use raspberry pi 3b+’s and run mame games through a user friendly front end. It was mostly just a fun project out of boredom and became proof of concept for me when I’m ready to build a full size arcade cab. View attachment 217728
Nice arcade games!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Played some counter strike last night. Haven't played it in forever. It's not full of 12 year olds. Had a great time, though I'm not as quick on the draw as I was 15 years ago.