GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The classy alcoholics thread

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Nice find. I just never see Blanton's down here anymore. I go to Kentucky once or twice a year and they just hand it out at the border.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
If you're a bourbon fan, it's impressive how many hard to find things you can find and nearly all sell for retail.

Yeah, been like 15 years, but that’s how I remember it. It’s just not a compelling destination for the family unfortunately

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Cracked this guy open... Gonna be honest, I've never had a whiskey taste like I was eating grass until I tried this. Gonna give it another shot as I can't let it go to waste lol
PXL_20210606_000645588.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Cracked this guy open... Gonna be honest, I've never had a whiskey taste like I was eating grass until I tried this. Gonna give it another shot as I can't let it go to waste lol
View attachment 216283
If it doesn't grow on you, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

If I can offer advice - switch to a glencairn and ditch the ice. Cut it with about 5% chilled, filtered water (just a few drops if you're doing a standard pour). It'll bring out the right flavors. I'm not against drinking with ice, but you shouldn't use it when trying a new whiskey for the first time and you have to be careful about it if it's from an ice machine, chlorine can mess with the flavors big time as it melts.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
If it doesn't grow on you, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

If I can offer advice - switch to a glencairn and ditch the ice. Cut it with about 5% chilled, filtered water (just a few drops if you're doing a standard pour). It'll bring out the right flavors. I'm not against drinking with ice, but you shouldn't use it when trying a new whiskey for the first time and you have to be careful about it if it's from an ice machine, chlorine can mess with the flavors big time as it melts.

Yeah, there's some weird white shit floating in your glass. Get rid of that. Just a splash of filtered water.
Thanks for the advice! I typically only use the larger ice balls but I was at a friend's house here and had to make do lol. Also had quite a few drinks before that as well so I'm hoping it'll taste a bit better when I'm not 10 seltzers deep haha