GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fixing dash display

wongmomo

My 2006 R32's dash display has now gone completely, resulting in just a jumble of orange. Now just trying to find out what is involved if I were to get it fixed. Thanks for all suggestions :)

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
My 2006 R32's dash display has now gone completely, resulting in just a jumble of orange. Now just trying to find out what is involved if I were to get it fixed. Thanks for all suggestions :)
New LCD are available for about $100 new, there are two types so you have to know which one you need. You can also get one from a used cluster that has the same part cluster number as your, remove the used Lcd and swap over to your cluster. This might be a hit or miss unless you have seen that Lcd powers up before you get it. There are a few DIY that show you how to replace the Lcd and the two styles that MK5 used.

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Just buy a new gauge cluster. Replacing the LCD display is not worth the hassle

Mileage is stored in the ECU
Are not new clusters like $700 US and then you need to have the Immo programed and most do not have the tools or abilities to do it or you can go and open up the new cluster and swap out the immo circuit etc.