GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
1620745885518.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Maybe you missed the TITLE of the study

Evidence for increased breakthrough rates of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern in BNT162b2 mRNA vaccinated individuals​

Like CB said, you don't comprehend what that actually means.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That thread is going to devolve into Scamdemic 2.0. It's sad. People have said it for a long ass time, but this thread has been the worst thing to happen to these forums in recent years. Creating animosity and driving a wedge between enthusiasts. Some people have been able to keep their differences to this thread, like @Keehs360 and @jimlloyd40 are perfectly civil to each other in other threads, while others aren't. It's a shame.
A lot of truth right there. But as you mentioned Keehs360 and I are friendly in other threads because we understood the crap that went on between us in this thread was just bullshit. With a few people it's genuine animosity.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You didn't read enough then.

Nope, there's no amount of mental gymnastics that will make your dogecoin legal tender or meet the requirements of a currency.

And today, the same people disagreeing with me yesterday are pulling the "no one here disagrees with you, we just don't like that you're talking mean about the thing we like" BS.

The reality is I'm right and it's killing you inside.

Now go pay for a new set up plugs with chicken nuggets and shut up.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I never said it was a requirement, but there is criteria for currency to meet to be considered a currency, and the current cryptocurrencies don't meet the requirements. I posted them in the other thread. Not only that, central banks are developing their own cryptocurrencies that will be more stable, will be legal tender, and backed be the assets and economic activity of that country, not just what people think it's worth.

And current cryptocurrencies are illegal in many countries already. Non-central bank backed crypto will more and more be made illegal or folded into central banks cryto.

The writing is on the wall. I'll all for people getting into cryptocurrency and making some money now, but don't think for a second central banks won't stop the music at some point and their will be people left without a seat. There is exactly zero chance in hell central banks and governments will let loose on the control of the monetary supply. That's not me supporting central banks and governments, that just the stark reality.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...tcoin-what-investors-need-to-know-51618866586
  1. Nowhere did you post a list of "criteria for currency to be considered a currency" - because that is not a thing. It's only a thing inside of small brains that only accept that there can be one fiat currency per country.
  2. Stability is only "necessary" in the sense of optimization, the stability of crypto is quite good in coins that target stability. Coins have many uses and purposes, Shitcoins are scams for pump and dump, ETH and Bitcoin are investment assets, XLM and ADA have unique and admirable purposes that are multi faceted. On the flipside, there are many countries with currency more unstable than crypto even.
  3. Your list of banned countries that mean anything includes exactly 2 countries, which are authoritarian dictatorships/oligarchies. Gee I wonder why they ban crypto?
  4. The only thing dictating that a currency has value is that people believe it has value. I suggest you listen to the TAL Story about the REAL https://www.thisamericanlife.org/423/transcript

cb1111

A lot of truth right there. But as you mentioned Keehs360 and I are friendly in other threads because we understood the crap that went on between us in this thread was just bullshit. With a few people it's genuine animosity.
Yeah - I said that there was going to be spillage about a zillion pages ago and I'm sad to see that I was right.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
On the topic of central banks developing blockchain based currencies which will actually have an impact? That is a more speculative bet than the major investment coins right now.

I dont have any faith in a government to properly execute anything technology related as they have failed to do so for 30+ years now. Examples of government tech failure:
  • Regulation of big tech
  • Regulation of automation
  • Regulation of offshoring
  • Protecting our infrastructure
  • There are probably more...
(thats not me advocating for TONS of regulation, moreso the CORRECT regulation to stop the problems all of these things are plaguing our society with)

cb1111

So Biden is responsible for an oil company's IT department not protecting them from ransomware?

You're a political hack.
It depends. These industries are considered CI-KR (Critical Infrastructure - Key Resources) and CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency - a part of DHS) and PHMSA (Pipelines and Hazardous Materials Administration - a part of DOT) provide guidelines for protecting Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.

In this instance, we'll need to see what the problem actually was - an attack on the admin side or the SCADA side.

It'll probably turn out that they were running an unpatched version of Windows XP...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
  1. Nowhere did you post a list of "criteria for currency to be considered a currency" - because that is not a thing. It's only a thing inside of small brains that only accept that there can be one fiat currency per country.
  2. Stability is only "necessary" in the sense of optimization, the stability of crypto is quite good in coins that target stability. Coins have many uses and purposes, Shitcoins are scams for pump and dump, ETH and Bitcoin are investment assets, XLM and ADA have unique and admirable purposes that are multi faceted. On the flipside, there are many countries with currency more unstable than crypto even.
  3. Your list of banned countries that mean anything includes exactly 2 countries, which are authoritarian dictatorships/oligarchies. Gee I wonder why they ban crypto?
  4. The only thing dictating that a currency has value is that people believe it has value. I suggest you listen to the TAL Story about the REAL https://www.thisamericanlife.org/423/transcript

1. In post 17. And it is a thing.
2. A currency's main purpose is to act as a currency. If it can't do that, it isn't a currency. If it's just an investment instrument based on nothing tangible, I'd say I have some subprime mortgage securities I'd like to sell you. They can't lose.
3. It isn't just 3 countries where it's illegal and many more ban it from banking.
4. I suggest you red upl on what assets the US holds and what being an what being an exchange currency issuer means.

I also love the idea that some cryptocurrencies are legit and others being shitcoin scams. That's a bit like catholics laughing at scientologists for believing made up nonsense.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It depends. These industries are considered CI-KR (Critical Infrastructure - Key Resources) and CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency - a part of DHS) and PHMSA (Pipelines and Hazardous Materials Administration - a part of DOT) provide guidelines for protecting Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.

In this instance, we'll need to see what the problem actually was - an attack on the admin side or the SCADA side.

It'll probably turn out that they were running an unpatched version of Windows XP...

I didn't know that, but my guess is the admin side.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That's a bit like catholics laughing at scientologists for believing made up nonsense.

ROFL........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..

"but we have proof"......