GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I don't agree with anything else gtifan said in that thread, but his discussion and definition of legal tender is correct.

That said, having the designation of legal tender is not a pre-requisite for being a currency.

The only reason we have legal tender is because we have a single currency created by the central government that has to be used for all things. If we had different currencies for different things then legal tender is only necessary for transfer between currencies. Crypto has a number of stable coins that track external values like the usd expressly for this purpose.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That thread is going to devolve into Scamdemic 2.0. It's sad. People have said it for a long ass time, but this thread has been the worst thing to happen to these forums in recent years. Creating animosity and driving a wedge between enthusiasts. Some people have been able to keep their differences to this thread, like @Keehs360 and @jimlloyd40 are perfectly civil to each other in other threads, while others aren't. It's a shame.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
This forum is one of the better ones for keeping beef's isolated. Even though there is minimal moderation and people can speak freely it is way better about letting stuff die.

In the tech forums I used to participate in the latent grudges would constantly pop up between members everywhere.

I (think) I do a pretty good job leaving stuff said in this thread in this thread. I try to.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Our 'legal tender' is monopoly money now, we are just like China at this point.
East coast out of gas because our government can't protect infrastructure from script kiddies.
What the hell are we paying them for?
You remember the shutdown a few years ago? Did you notice any change except parks were closed?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Talking about cars is enough to drive a wedge between some people.

This thread isn't the cause of any bad behavior elsewhere on the forum.

People who were jerks before the SCAMdemic started are still jerks now.

You only say that because you have a DSG. 🤮

😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't agree with anything else gtifan said in that thread, but his discussion and definition of legal tender is correct.

That said, having the designation of legal tender is not a pre-requisite for being a currency.

The only reason we have legal tender is because we have a single currency created by the central government that has to be used for all things. If we had different currencies for different things then legal tender is only necessary for transfer between currencies. Crypto has a number of stable coins that track external values like the usd expressly for this purpose.

I never said it was a requirement, but there is criteria for currency to meet to be considered a currency, and the current cryptocurrencies don't meet the requirements. I posted them in the other thread. Not only that, central banks are developing their own cryptocurrencies that will be more stable, will be legal tender, and backed be the assets and economic activity of that country, not just what people think it's worth.

And current cryptocurrencies are illegal in many countries already. Non-central bank backed crypto will more and more be made illegal or folded into central banks cryto.

The writing is on the wall. I'll all for people getting into cryptocurrency and making some money now, but don't think for a second central banks won't stop the music at some point and their will be people left without a seat. There is exactly zero chance in hell central banks and governments will let loose on the control of the monetary supply. That's not me supporting central banks and governments, that just the stark reality.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...tcoin-what-investors-need-to-know-51618866586

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
but don't think for a second central banks won't stop the music at some point and their will be people left without a seat. There is exactly zero chance in hell central banks and governments will let loose on the control of the monetary supply. That's not me supporting central banks and governments, that just the stark reality.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...tcoin-what-investors-need-to-know-51618866586

Exactly......the main banks have had power for quiet a while now...& its need as most big developed countries don't have "real" money as its all Fiat money anyway ...basically its not backed up by anything like gold sitting a vault...its all based on previous history, trust, reputation etc....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Exactly......the main banks have had power for quiet a while now...& its need as most big developed countries don't have "real" money as its all Fiat money anyway ...basically its not backed up by anything like gold sitting a vault...its all based on previous history, trust, reputation etc....

Assets and tax base, that's almost exactly like gold sitting in a vault. 🤷‍♂️

And the reason we went away from the gold standard was they couldn't extract gold out of the ground fast enough to keep up with demand driven by rapid population growth, which was causing recessions every couple years.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks like the cheating fuck liar didn't read the link he posted.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, so fuck you too.

"We showed that vaccinees who tested positive at least a week after the second dose, were disproportionally infected with B.1.351, compared with controls. Those who tested positive between two weeks after the first dose and a week after the second dose, were disproportionally infected by B.1.1.7 "

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks like the cheating fuck liar didn't read the link he posted.
Maybe you missed the TITLE of the study

Evidence for increased breakthrough rates of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern in BNT162b2 mRNA vaccinated individuals​

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Between Joe Biden and @cb1111 , I think we have definitive proof of brain damage from mask wearing.