GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MkV clapping noise

MiloradJ

Car(s)
Golf MKV
Hello guys, my first post here... I'm having problem with my golf mk5, 1.9 TDI, 77kW, manual. Happened all of a sudden this morning, clapping noise when not accelerating, doesn' have any connection with pressing the clutch pedal or engine rpm. Here is the video:

MiloradJ

Car(s)
Golf MKV
I found what it was... Right front tire wasn't properly tightened so the screws evenly unscrewed itself during drive. It is a bizzare and dangerous mistake, but luckily repaired it. It is not possible to check whether the tire is loose until you lift the car up.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I found what it was... Right front tire wasn't properly tightened so the screws evenly unscrewed itself during drive. It is a bizzare and dangerous mistake, but luckily repaired it. It is not possible to check whether the tire is loose until you lift the car up.
How did that happen? Do you have a torque wrench?

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I would inspect the threads carefully. A friend of mine lost a tire like this, probably that the tire was not tight from the begging and bit by bit it destroyed all the threads (he also had a noise). Luckily for him it happened on a parking lot but the front of the car was destroyed