GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Threw up in my mouth a little today

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
what i dont like most on the mk8 gti is the fog lights just look weird would have to go r if i was going to go with mk8 but i still think the grill on the 3/4 i way worst

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Saw this come up behind me. I wasn't prepared for the revulsion it induced. And it looks much better in the picture.

tempted to press the report button, gore should be banned.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've honestly never really cared for how newer BMWs look. The mid 90s BMWs looked really good, I like the look in the 2000s, but after that...meh. It's a brand that's hardly even on my radar, I don't pay any attention to them.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I've honestly never really cared for how newer BMWs look. The mid 90s BMWs looked really good, I like the look in the 2000s, but after that...meh. It's a brand that's hardly even on my radar, I don't any attention to them.
You had your focus in the right spot, things starting getting bad around 2006 and continue to get worse. I had five of them, don't miss the later ones at all.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
wow that is horribable not as bad as what the i3 was but what are they thinking over there. just bad design. i dont car how well a car handles or how fast it is but if it dont look good also would not want it.

It's pretty much a rule that "affordable" EVs must look retarded, it's a status symbol for those that like that sort of thing. Can't just slap a battery into a normal car, everyone HAS to know how smart and special they are just by looking. And since they hate cars the design reflects this. Look at the e-Golf......normal Golf....with batteries.....job done. And I heard it's getting canceled in the US? So we can get the ID.4..........an EV that looks like a Golf and a Honda CRV and a Model 3 had, to paraphrase Wade from Deadpool.....hate f'd in an alley and this was the end result. And it's not VWs fault, it's the masses actually buying these abominations.

Look at the i8, gorgeous car......for $140k+. e-Tron GT? Even the e-Tron itself is fairly normal looking. There's no reason for EVs to be as ugly as they are stupid. It's on purpose, for status for people who know nothing about cars and could care less but need everyone to know.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's pretty much a rule that "affordable" EVs must look retarded, it's a status symbol for those that like that sort of thing. Can't just slap a battery into a normal car, everyone HAS to know how smart and special they are just by looking.
Definitely.

It's that South Park joke from years ago. You're so smug about how you're saving the planet you don't give a fuck how ugly that car is. It's attention getting ugly.

Even expensive EVs can look awful if you try. The Tesla model X is one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
It's pretty much a rule that "affordable" EVs must look retarded, it's a status symbol for those that like that sort of thing. Can't just slap a battery into a normal car, everyone HAS to know how smart and special they are just by looking. And since they hate cars the design reflects this. Look at the e-Golf......normal Golf....with batteries.....job done. And I heard it's getting canceled in the US? So we can get the ID.4..........an EV that looks like a Golf and a Honda CRV and a Model 3 had, to paraphrase Wade from Deadpool.....hate f'd in an alley and this was the end result. And it's not VWs fault, it's the masses actually buying these abominations.

Look at the i8, gorgeous car......for $140k+. e-Tron GT? Even the e-Tron itself is fairly normal looking. There's no reason for EVs to be as ugly as they are stupid. It's on purpose, for status for people who know nothing about cars and could care less but need everyone to know.
i agree just because its an EV dosent mean that it has to look like shit there is some good looking EV. I do like the look of the E-golf the front bumper i think looks really good. i8/etron gt both look good and you can through the taycon in there too. Actual seen a Karma Fisker or whatever its call now days the other day i know its a hybraid not EV but that is one sexy car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
i agree just because its an EV dosent mean that it has to look like shit there is some good looking EV. I do like the look of the E-golf the front bumper i think looks really good. i8/etron gt both look good and you can through the taycon in there too. Actual seen a Karma Fisker or whatever its call now days the other day i know its a hybraid not EV but that is one sexy car.
Man, i hate Fiskers. I mean, I know he was involved in the DB7, and those look good, but all of his other cars are awful.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Man, i hate Fiskers. I mean, I know he was involved in the DB7, and those look good, but all of his other cars are awful.
when the fiskers first came out there was a company that was taking them taking out the hybrid powertrain and droping a ls7 in them. was just crazy.

Had to look up what fisker helped design the z8 was nice and the db9, v8 vantage those are all good looking cars. didnt reconize any other he did.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
when the fiskers first came out there was a company that was taking them taking out the hybrid powertrain and droping a ls7 in them. was just crazy.

Had to look up what fisker helped design the z8 was nice and the db9, v8 vantage those are all good looking cars. didnt reconize any other he did.
He managed to make the 6er worse, which is an achievement.

he did this to the poor SL:

and the Karma was just goofy looking from the side for a Bolt engine setup.