GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
long shot. Anyone have a N64 they’d be willing to part with?
I got my current one at a yard sale with 6 games for $5. I wasn't even looking but it was too good to pass up.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah. We want mariocart 64 and golden eye.

I was 13 years old when Golden Eye came out. My friends and I played the goddamn shit out of that game, for years. So, trust me when I say the nostalgia is there, hardcore.

However, the game did not hold up well. Some friends and I dug up an N64 a few years ago to play a couple round. The controls are god awful. Borderline unplayable these days.

The game was revolutionary at the time, but it's fallen far from grace.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I was 13 years old when Golden Eye came out. My friends and I played the goddamn shit out of that game, for years. So, trust me when I say the nostalgia is there, hardcore.

However, the game did not hold up well. Some friends and I dug up an N64 a few years ago to play a couple round. The controls are god awful. Borderline unplayable these days.

No way. It's a bonafide CLASSIC. I would skip class to play Mario 64 before it went on sale.
Just because Call Of Duty and Fortnite have taken over, doesn't mean Goldeneye is not great.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No way. It's a bonafide CLASSIC. I would skip class to play Mario 64 before it went on sale.
Just because Call Of Duty and Fortnite have taken over, doesn't mean Goldeneye is not great.

When was the last time you played Golden Eye 64?

Mario 64 is still great. Still playable to this day.

Golden Eye? It's not the graphics, or the mechanics, or game play, etc... It's the controls. The controls are unusable at this point.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Sure you would. You're a liar and a cheat, so I don't believe you.
You're a killer and a terrorist, so I don't listen to you.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

But I don’t game. I have an Atari 2600, NES, PS1 and PS2.. and a Wii. We have some classic games on the Wii when you could still download them. Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario Bros 3, Mariocart 64 (but missing battle) and Toejam and Earl.

I’ve never played on an Xbox or any PS3+

So the N64 controllers are still amazing

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
When was the last time you played Golden Eye 64?

Mario 64 is still great. Still playable to this day.

Golden Eye? It's not the graphics, or the mechanics, or game play, etc... It's the controls. The controls are unusable at this point.
It's no Playstation, and I would argue the Super NES is a better console, but N64 has it's place. Sega on the other hand...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
But I don’t game. I have an Atari 2600, NES, PS1 and PS2.. and a Wii. We have some classic games on the Wii when you could still download them. Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario Bros 3, Mariocart 64 (but missing battle) and Toejam ans Earl.
When Nintendo disabled the online Wii, I about lost my shit. They abandoned it and moved on to the Wii U which was basically the same thing. Like Nintendo can't afford to leave a server online for the Wii...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You should fear me. I'd smoother you with your own My Pillow.
I have no doubt you would. But I fear you even less than the virus, which is NOT AT ALL.

cb1111

I can't stand Chinese goods. I would never commission them to build anything.
A colleague of mine was looking for a thousand coffee mugs - specific shape, color, logo. He sent them a sample and said "I want it just like this, send me a mockup"

What he got back was a generic mug, wrong blue with a crooked logo. When he complained, they said "you're getting a blue mug with your logo, how many do you want?"

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
A colleague of mine was looking for a thousand coffee mugs - specific shape, color, logo. He sent them a sample and said "I want it just like this, send me a mockup"

What he got back was a generic mug, wrong blue with a crooked logo. When he complained, they said "you're getting a blue mug with your logo, how many do you want?"
Yes, EXACTLY.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Why can't everything be made in JAPAN?
You know, like the Nintendo and Playstation were.