GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
50 bucks per check is the ole insulting dollar per hour increase. Even more insulting if you get paid every two weeks.

Don't wait for opportunities to come to you.

When one party in a relationship is taken for granted, that dynamic often remains unchanged, regardless of time past or effort spent.
yeah i hear ya. i mean, i am very valued there; i even won the 'employee of the year' award this year. Was really hoping that would help me out monetarily.

its an odd situation. i love my job, literally everyone at my company is awesome, no drama, great benefits, we do great work on exciting projects, so i just cant complain. and i make pretty good coin considering i don't have an actual degree or a PMP (Project Management Professional) certificate yet.

Its all about getting through covid, then i think i'll be in for more coin.

Ah well. As i (or should have) said, i'm lucky to have a job, and a really good job at that. I was just really banking on more money all year.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
yeah i hear ya. i mean, i am very valued there; i even won the 'employee of the year' award this year. Was really hoping that would help me out monetarily.

its an odd situation. i love my job, literally everyone at my company is awesome, no drama, great benefits, we do great work on exciting projects, so i just cant complain. and i make pretty good coin considering i don't have an actual degree or a PMP (Project Management Professional) certificate yet.

Ah well. As i (or should have) said, i'm lucky to have a job, and a really good job at that. I was just really banking on more money all year.
They've got you.

They know all they have to do is pet the kitty every once in a while and you'll purr.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
haha yeah that right

but nah, i'm good. seriously, i see how other similar firms operate and the dynamics of who works there (like when we get subbed out and stuff) and whenever i see how they operate, i think to myself: "yep, i'm glad to be at the company i'm at!"

the sad part about it is the reality that, atleast in my field, people pretty much have to switch companies to get large pay increases. it typically just doesnt happen staying at the same place forever. but, i am like 3 classes away from a degree. i'll be making bank soon enough.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Grats!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Trump has the worst first term approval rating ever. Tremendous, everyone says he's the best at being the worst.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Even halfway competent responses to the virus and to the civil strife would have seen The Great 🍊 easily reelected.

Luckily, he's stubborn and easily upset so he bungled those both completely. He costs Georgia both Senate seats and then drives the GOP car completely into the ditch.

If the GOP is savvy at all they should realize that as loyal as his base is, it has one fatal flaw, there actually aren't enough dumbass white people to only cater to them on the national stage. Hopefully we will see at least some coming back towards the middle.

Being the party of Trump is a loser platform, the man himself is nothing but an albatross upon them.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
The NFC east was the strongest division in football when Randal Cunningham played.

Flash forward to today...most laughable division in football.
So i agree this year they sucked haha nfc least but. Its the strongest division in the NFL historically. Even just a couple years ago it was the strongest division. Even this year we all sucked but still kept in the news cuz we have such known teams. A little more info too I found interesting

5BDFE266-E2EA-49A2-B6F5-B595F294D92F.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Of course, there are no horror stories in the UK about their health system. What was I thinking?

The huge advantage of National Health is that treat everyone equally..... bad. Yet the UK population loves it - perhaps because they don't know any better - they also put baked beans on toast and eat Marmite :p Oh, and then there is brown sauce in ketchup packets to pour over everything.

I spent 3 years in the UK and got to experience National Health up close. The doctors thought it made more sense to give me pain meds for a back injury while waiting 6 months for an MRI - going to Germany got me an appt the day following my doctor's visit.

Never stated it was the best...just not horror stories of hospitals refusing to treat as "no insurance".....its not perfect but its way better the the USA pay systems....in the UK if you have the money & want "right now" care for stuff which is not A&E life threatening then there is also a private medical system in the UK..always has been...

I've never had any major problems with the UK health systems..maybe you had "problems" because you're not a UK citizen???

& I lived in the USA for 3yrs in the early/mid 80's....lining papers on kitchen shelves because you didn't know what Formica was...top load washing machines which are an ancient design & rubbish, no automatic kettles, cars with suspension so soft that when you stopped the wheels stopped, but the body kept rocking all over the place for ages afterwards inducing sea sickness, very little outside news on the rest of the world, etc., etc.,

I'll stay over here thanks, & as far as culinary tastes/criticisms, I'm the wrong person to argue with,...;) ......I don't do take-aways, or fast food/ microwave food..& eat very healthily, all wholemeal bread & wholemeal pasta, lean meats, fish, etc., etc, I even make my own yogurts!!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Does everyone here name their cars? I like to stick to regional names, so I went with Sabine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep, it was $20K for the steel rod they put in my femur...
Femoral roddings are fun, but messy. Every hit of the slap hammer sends bone marrow and blood splattering all over the OR room. Other than full on trauma, easily the messiest surgery, even with the massive drapes we'd use to try to catch the mess.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
E.L.O. (Election Lie Orchestra)

The Breach Boys

Stealy Dan

Three Dupes Down

Sgt. Prepper's South Will Rise Up Band

Insane Clown Posse (no change needed)
BZ, well done.