GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
X2 insurance fucking sucks.
Me: ~130/chk
Wife and i: ~300/ck
Us and one kid one day: ~550 iirc?! The fuck how am i supposed to afford 2000/month on top of that for child care costs just so we can work to afford the insurance?

Its so fucked. And then you still need like 1500 a month just to barely keep a child alive
No kids FTW

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Swear to god. Lol.

Ive always been conflicted about adding to the population so 2 is our max

Edit: MY max. Wife wants like 17 kids, i would like somewhere between 2 and 0

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Us and one kid one day: ~550 iirc?! The fuck how am i supposed to afford 2000/month on top of that for child care costs just so we can work to afford the insurance?

Its so fucked. And then you still need like 1500 a month just to barely keep a child alive
"Only now, at the end, do you understand. "

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion

Man, I have 4 sons and they are all still alive. If you can't make more money live frugal. Get you a side hustle(welding,working on cars, rebuilding small engines ect) for play cash.
Insurance is a rip have to agree. When my kids were young my wife stayed home with them. Always pissed me off I "made too much money" at 12$ an hour and worked a shitload of OT and couldn't get food stamps.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
FB_IMG_1610749758970.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Lets not get into how your generation raw dogged out generation and many to come assuming your of the older folks.

Health care is fucked, housing market is fucked, student debt is fucked. I’m middle right not zrick right like some of you may think.

truth is usa isnt #1 in anything except Military power.

ranked 27th for healthcare and education

as golfdave said uk healthcare is great.
usa we have people ration their incilin because it cost 100-700$ but cost .47$ to make.
go get any major surgery and you could be in debt for life.
In 6 years the average cost of a house in the USA has gone up 42% from 163k to 232k and these numbers are laughable as most good houses cost well above that. The average household wage went from 20 dollars to 24 in that same time.

its funny older people who bought low back in the dam cant even buy a house cuz it cost so much so there is that.

it’s been 12 years since federal minimum wage was increased. It’s currently 7.25 which is nothing

Since 1980 college tuition cost 260% more

All you guys are doing is proving how much more republican you are saying “you should just pay for it”

I’m not saying everything should be free, but i’m pointing out the current flaws in our country and clear gap in wage today and how it hasnt increased yet every other thing has either skyrocketed in price or has largerly increased
I like you.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
70%, 50% you guys are crazy. The UK guy talking 20% with universal healthcare is more like it.
We need a flat tax and eliminate ALL the loopholes. No write offs, just a lower rate for everybody including corporations.
Exxon Mobil doesn't need billions of $$$$ in breaks.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I mentioned the tax thing maybe 1,000 pages ago. LOL
I'll be out of town this weekend, no malarkey. Will check in on my VW bros from time to time.
I'm over here just waiting for the military to arrest Sleepy Joe when he takes power...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

cb1111

Tax rate which one??..20% VAT on most goods you buy....income tax is dependant on amount you earn..but your hospitals etc are supposedly paid for out of your National Insurance contributions....

Even if you have no income/NI etc & homeless you can still get free health care in UK...some areas have long waiting lists, , & its not perfect..in my case I had problems on & off for a few months, & I thought I was one thing, then it really went bad so saw my local doctor, & was immediately told to pack a overnight pack & get to the main hospital in the next town. The Doctor rang ahead & I had emergency surgery the next day & spent 7 days in ...cost to me £0000....
Right, so lets add up all the taxes that you pay. What would you say is the average income tax rate and what does one pay for National Health?

In the US, the average income tax rate is 24% - so roughly the same as the UK
In the US, the highest sales tax is in California at 7.25% (some areas also have local sales taxes, but that is generally the exception - the absolute highest in some little hick town in Alabama at 13%) - while the UK is effectively 20%. The difference being that VAT is hidden in the price of the product, while it is added on at the register in the US.

Most Americans are covered through some sort of health insurance through their employer and pay $4500 out of pocket (premiums and co-pays) while an unsubsidized person pays about $10,000 per year. The average senior pays $144 a month for Medicare, but one can get "Medicare Advantage" plans that tie you to a specific list of doctors and hospitals and may actually have a zero cost per month. For normally uninsured persons (low income etc.), there is Medicaid or if you don't qualify for that, then there is the "affordable Care Act" that have plans for roughly the same cost as Medicare.

Public hospitals will not turn anyone away based on ability to pay. Private hospitals must treat acute patients and transfer them once stable.

If you end up at a hospital that accepts your insurance (most accept all of the large carriers) then there is a huge difference between the billed charges and the allowed charges - so those $60 socks actually ends up costing the insurance company about $10.

My mom has Medicare and a supplemental insurance for about $50 a month (so $200 total), has had a pacemaker, gallbladder surgery, cataract surgery and a couple of Emergency Room visits with zero additional out of pocket expenses. I pay about $300 a month, have a $20 co-pay per visit and a $6000 catastrophic cap.

Most anyone can get some sort of affordable insurance, but it is easier to bitch and moan about how expensive healthcare is