GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown engine on my MKV gti

P.Dinero

Car(s)
2009 VW Golf GTI
I would like to know if it does matter if i get an automatic or a 6MT IN MY CAR.
Does it have to be 6MT?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'm a bit confused...title says blown engine but you are asking about the trans.
Are you asking if the engine has to come from an engine with the same trans as yours?
Or are you only swapping the trans?
Swapping the trans means the TCU to ECU adaptation and coding need to be correct. Wires are needed...and more (shifter, one driveshaft I believe...etc.). You will not likely find a step-by-step DIY to do this...so you will probably be on your own. Thorough searching may find something still.
It can be done, but it is some work to get right. Here's one's opinion: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103531.msg1009187#msg1009187

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I would like to know if it does matter if i get an automatic or a 6MT IN MY CAR.
Does it have to be 6MT?
Just get yourself the same engine code as you have now, swap over your accessories and sensors from your engine onto the replacement. Seeing you have a manual you do not have to worry about the pilot bearing in the crank if you had a DSG you would need to make sure the crank had a pilot bearing.