GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't understand why people would potentially risk their health for any reason. Political or otherwise.

The same reason people vote against their own interests. They're stupid and easily manipulate with race, religion, money, etc...

And that's not a jab at you. When I was younger I voted republican because I thought it was better for me financially, being in the military. I didn't consider their terrible foreign and domestic policies would lead to the maiming and deaths of my friends and family members. It was short sighted and ignorant on my part. And plenty of "moderate democrats" are nothing more than 80 conservatives.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
First, we need to look at why we have so many laws and why we're incarcerating so many Americans. We have the highest rate of incarceration in the world. (Hint, it's the war on drugs and it was designed to target black people in order to disenfranchise them. )

Then we need to stop doing that AND we need to stop allowing private prisons and police unions to lobby for harsher sentences. I'll go further and say private prisons are a conflict of interest and goes against the basic ideals of freedom.

Finally, as others have said, masks were politicized instead of treated at a basic public health issue.
I actually agree with everything you said, except that masks are a 'political' issue. It's a civil rights issue. We don't mandate broccoli and metamucil for everyone, we aren't protesting outside McDonald's because of all the heart disease. Masks should be a choice. The great generations had measles and chicken pox parties to get the kids immune. They didn't lock their kids up in quarantine. I propose we stop dragging this out and let the healthy get the antibodies. LIKE SWEDEN.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
We don't mandate broccoli and metamucil for everyone, we aren't protesting outside McDonald's because of all the heart disease.

Since when does someones diet directly impact the health of others? So I walk by someone with heart disease and I can get heart disease?

It's more like 2nd hand smoke. YOU can choose to be a smoker but don't make me breath your 2nd hand smoke while I am out eating dinner. Your decisions are directly impacting my health.

If there is a single iota of doubt that my actions regarding wearing a mask could intentionally kill or leave someone with life long health complications then I'll just wear one. Again if it was all for nothing then I lost nothing in doing so except some inconvenience.

I'd rather be a little over cautious for nothing then reckless for MuH freedom.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Since when does someones diet directly impact the health of others? So I walk by someone with heart disease and I can get heart disease?

It's more like 2nd hand smoke. YOU can choose to be a smoker but don't make me breath your 2nd hand smoke while I am out eating dinner. Your decisions are directly impacting my health.

If there is a single iota of doubt that my actions regarding wearing a mask could intentionally kill or leave someone with life long health complications then I'll just wear one. Again if it was all for nothing then I lost nothing in doing so except some inconvenience.

I'd rather be a little over cautious for nothing then reckless for MuH freedom.

He didn't say that someone's diet affected other people's health. He said we aren't protesting at McDonald's because eating there can lead to heart disease.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
He didn't say that someone's diet affected other people's health. He said we aren't protesting at McDonald's because eating there can lead to heart disease.

I took it as he was comparing that to wearing a mask and we wear a mask to protect others.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Dude.

That's not what he's doing.

He's making false equivalencies by comparing anything not contagious to something contagious. Yes, McDonald's sells unhealthy products that when consumed irresponsibly (personal choice) can make you sick. Not wearing the mask can make someone else sick. You don't have the personal liberty to get others sick against their will because you insist on being dramatic and won't wear a mask.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Dude.

That's not what he's doing.

He's making false equivalencies by comparing anything not contagious to something contagious. Yes, McDonald's sells unhealthy products that when consumed irresponsibly (personal choice) can make you sick. Not wearing the mask can make someone else sick. You don't have the personal liberty to get others sick against their will because you insist on being dramatic and won't wear a mask.

I don't disagree with you I was just explaining what Zrick meant.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A
I actually agree with everything you said, except that masks are a 'political' issue. It's a civil rights issue. We don't mandate broccoli and metamucil for everyone, we aren't protesting outside McDonald's because of all the heart disease. Masks should be a choice. The great generations had measles and chicken pox parties to get the kids immune. They didn't lock their kids up in quarantine. I propose we stop dragging this out and let the healthy get the antibodies. LIKE SWEDEN.
Mask is no more a civil rights issue than pants. Full stop.