GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shut off while driving?!?! :(

Thewhitegti

Car(s)
2007 mk5 gti
This is my first post here and I’m super desperate. A couple months ago I was driving and all of a sudden my dash lights and clusters shut off, power steering shut off, and power just disappeared. It’s DSG so when I was driving it literally acted like it was in neutral so I quickly pulled over. I can roll forward (like any auto) but the second I give it gas it just goes back into “neutral” even tho it’s in drive. I’ve checked every loose connection possible but NOTHING. Sometimes the problem goes away after a couple minutes sometimes it stays for hours and I can’t go move until it’s fixed. And then sometimes when the clusters and lights turn back on I assume it’s fine so I go to give it a tad bit of gas to move and it just s***s on me again. Does anyone have any suggestions??

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Engine isn't shutting off right? Just seems like it is in neutral?

I believe VW has a TSB for it...many have reported a symptom referred to as "False Neutral". I believe a VW Dealer will do a DSG software update. But try there first. The TSB has fixed the issue for some, but sometimes it means the Mechatronic unit is failed and needs replacing.

Thewhitegti

Car(s)
2007 mk5 gti

I believe VW has a TSB for it...many have reported a symptom referred to as "False Neutral". I believe a VW Dealer will do a DSG software update. But try there first. The TSB has fixed the issue for some, but sometimes it means the Mechatronic unit is failed and needs replacing.

**** no see THATS the thing!! The engine is still on but it’s acting like in neutral. It revs hella weird but not like a typical misfire.

Thewhitegti

Car(s)
2007 mk5 gti

*** I appreciate the help! I’ll look straight into when I get off work!! Hopefully that’s it 😭🤞🏼 I miss car meets with the boys and being able to drive my baby

Thewhitegti

Car(s)
2007 mk5 gti

**** sorry for all the replies but is that what would cause power steering and the clusters to just completely stop?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI