GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any advice will be appreciated.. Just installed clutch master & slave cylinders with no success...

pedritoMKV

Car(s)
2007 Rabbit MKV
About a week ago shifting from second to third on my MKV 07 Rabbit the clutch pedal suddenly went all the way to the ground. I drove home clutchless and my neighbor who's a car mechanic told me he can do the fix and ask me to buy both clutch master and slave cylinders for replacement. So I bought'em and after installation and bleeding the system the problem continues. I mean the car starts fine and the pedal returns but can't feel the clutch bite zone when pressing the pedal so no gear shifting can be done. He's now talking about repairing the clutch and taking down the tranny to check the clutch pressure plates.... I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for the input !!! Any advice will be appreciated
02/07/20 UPDATE
I call another mechanic to check my car today and it turns out the previous guy didn't bled the system correctly. He did so problem SOLVED. At least that problem cause when i wanted to get the shift lever into neutral position it was actually in second gear, as if all the gear positions had been moved forward one position except the lever. So Reverse, 1st, 3rd and 5th gear is Neutral now and i can only get it into N, 2nd and 4th gear. Physically impossible to shift to R, 1st, 3rd & 5th . Thanks for the input on my previous problem, hopefully someone have advise on this issue. CHEERS & STAY SAFE !!!

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Your mechanic friend should check the condition of the clutch via the starter hole or slave cylinder holes. With a bore scope he should be able to see if the arm moves or if the clutch is shot when the clutch pedal is pressed

pedritoMKV

Car(s)
2007 Rabbit MKV
Your mechanic friend should check the condition of the clutch via the starter hole or slave cylinder holes. With a bore scope he should be able to see if the arm moves or if the clutch is shot when the clutch pedal is pressed
Thanks buddy i decided to bring in another mechanic for an unbias diagnostic & i'll point your recommendations for sure. I'll keep this updated..

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you sure it isn't a failed thrust bearing and resultant crank walk? Are you able to take apart the bottom end to inspect?