GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Let’s discuss IWB appendix carry. Who does this? I’m looking at a HHH (hidden hybrid holsters) appendix holster for my EDC M&P shield.
Been carrying a Shield in a PHLster for about seven years now. When my daughter was born, I was too fat to wear it anymore (I ate whatever my wife would eat, and her pregnancy cravings were serious business). Once I got to the gym again, it went well. Appendix carry and a gut don't seem to work well together. There are pros and cons to various positions, but I carry appendix about 75% of the time.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Been carrying a Shield in a PHLster for about seven years now. When my daughter was born, I was too fat to wear it anymore (I ate whatever my wife would eat, and her pregnancy cravings were serious business). Once I got to the gym again, it went well. Appendix carry and a gut don't seem to work well together. There are pros and cons to various positions, but I carry appendix about 75% of the time.

thanks for the input. I currently have a bravo concealment holster which I carry at the small of my back and have from day one. It allows for an adjustment to move and carry in front of the appendix. Definitely an adjustment for how it feels so I’m thinking I might try a separate holster for appendix carry. This Kydex is not too comfortable in front.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
This Kydex is not too comfortable in front.
I agree. I would get a "hot spot" after some time in the car and just general use during the day. I glued a piece of foam on the inside towards the barrel, which softened things up a bit.

If I were to buy one right now, I'd go with a Stealthgear. Softer on the body, breathes better, and still has retention. I've had a few friends try it on my advice, and they love theirs. I'm thinking of finally following my own advice, but mine isn't..horrible.

https://stealthgearusa.com/smith-and-wesson-shield-no-accessory-appendix-ventcore-holster/

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I agree. I would get a "hot spot" after some time in the car and just general use during the day. I glued a piece of foam on the inside towards the barrel, which softened things up a bit.

If I were to buy one right now, I'd go with a Stealthgear. Softer on the body, breathes better, and still has retention. I've had a few friends try it on my advice, and they love theirs. I'm thinking of finally following my own advice, but mine isn't..horrible.

https://stealthgearusa.com/smith-and-wesson-shield-no-accessory-appendix-ventcore-holster/

From the initial glance at it it looks very similar to the hidden hybrid I’m looking at. I’ll have to read a little bit about it, but appreciate the recommendation!

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Kind of an impulse buy.
The old Marlin plinker Dad bought for me last century, while still accurate, didn't have a picatanny rail for accessories.😜
View attachment 176753
H&K 416D .22LR
Added a few inexpensive goodies....tac light w/remote sw, optics, 31 rd mags, foregrip, pic rails.
20200619_190518.jpg
20200619_152922.jpg

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
RadioFlyer, thanks for reminding me how it is in Jersey. Not hating, just wishing -- that's a pretty cool setup you have there.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
Let’s discuss IWB appendix carry. Who does this? I’m looking at a HHH (hidden hybrid holsters) appendix holster for my EDC M&P shield.
Buy 3+ holsters until you figure out which one is right for you like the rest of us ;)

Some people are down on hybrid holsters, but the possibility of the soft material wearing exists with leather holsters too. You just need to be ready to toss a holster when it's worn.

I'm fine with carrying my M&P Shield AIWB in a straight kydex holster, but I'm a lean guy who doesn't sweat very much. A ton of holster preference is dependent upon your own personal geometry. Oh, and a good gun belt becomes very important when carrying AIWB.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Buy 3+ holsters until you figure out which one is right for you like the rest of us ;)

Some people are down on hybrid holsters, but the possibility of the soft material wearing exists with leather holsters too. You just need to be ready to toss a holster when it's worn.

I'm fine with carrying my M&P Shield AIWB in a straight kydex holster, but I'm a lean guy who doesn't sweat very much. A ton of holster preference is dependent upon your own personal geometry. Oh, and a good gun belt becomes very important when carrying AIWB.
Lol
I have a Bravo concealment Kydex and a crossbreed combat cut, so I just might get a third hybrid for appendix carry. I’m average build, so I really think the Bravo concealment Kydex which comes almost to a point is what is really making it uncomfortable for me, which the hybrid would actually solve

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Mount looks round, so I'm guessing it's not a Grippytek.
Dual round magnets....2A4life. That’s the only place I could find to mount comfortably

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Went to the range to take my dad for Father's Day and to sight in the laser and sights. Had a blast. Took the fn, wife's ruger ec9s, the keltec, dads S&W sd40, and his wife's Taurus 380.

Attachments

• 20200620_083950.jpg
    20200620_083950.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 174

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Dual round magnets....2A4life. That’s the only place I could find to mount comfortably
I'm tempted to use one of these, just concerned what will happen if I'm in an accident.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm tempted to use one of these, just concerned what will happen if I'm in an accident.
Or if a crazy passenger decides to pull the trigger on you(r foot)?

The magnets are crazy strong, so the 3M tape wasn't enough and i had to anchor the magnet holder in with two screws. That said, good point about head on collision, but I don't usually carry hot, so no worrying about my foot :)