GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 5 turned off while driving

Manhos

Car(s)
Golf 5
Hello, today i was driving my Golf 5 and suddenly it stalled without any sound or sign, i only noticed it becouse rmp was on 0 and battery sign lighten up on dashboard. After that, car turns starter, but it wont start up. Any suggesions? I have vcds cable but dont know where to start. Car was running and starting perfectly

Manhos

Car(s)
Golf 5
Gateaway shows control module coded incorectly, could this be causing the trouble?

Attachments

• 2207BD59-DCB1-4E40-B003-B69C472B3D80.jpeg
    2207BD59-DCB1-4E40-B003-B69C472B3D80.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 93

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
What engine is in this car?
When you say the starter turns the engine, is it a normal sounding crank or is it much faster?
Does the car have fuel?
Is this gas or diesel?

Hello, today i was driving my Golf 5 and suddenly it stalled without any sound or sign, i only noticed it becouse rmp was on 0 and battery sign lighten up on dashboard. After that, car turns starter, but it wont start up. Any suggesions? I have vcds cable but dont know where to start. Car was running and starting perfectly

Manhos

Car(s)
Golf 5
I would say its cranking faster but not sure. Its diesel engine, i suspect fuel pump, i think i dont hear pump activating after key turn. How can i check if the pump is faulty or its fuel pump relay that is faulty

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Which engine do you have?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So what are the Dtc you have for the engine? Based on your attachment you have got Dtc in 3 or 4 modules.

Manhos

Car(s)
Golf 5
For engine i get glow plug cylinder error for 2 and 4 cylinders as far as i remember but these two errors was months ago so i dont know if it could possibly caused trouble suddenly

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
The glow plug issue would only make it more difficult to start when cold.

Does the fuel pump prime when you open the drivers door/turn the key to on but not crank?
When you open the drivers door/turn the key you should hear a buzz/whine from the rear seat area.

Manhos

Car(s)
Golf 5
I dont hear buzz, but i remember it buzzing when the car was ok. Now is i got to figure out is it fuel pump, pump relay or other things causing it to not turn on