GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any cyclist on here

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
This may sound counteractive...but on warmer days...I use the backpack instead of the hip pack.

1. I can carry more water
2. I fill the bladder halfway up with ice.

The hip pack only carries one bottle...and if I do put ice in there...its all melted fairly quick. With a pack...I can put more ice in there and it takes a lot longer for it to melt.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I used to use a camelback but started having upper back muscle issues. Now I run saddle bags or frame bag with spare tube/tool and water in a bottle cage.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I'm spoiled and have a Specialized Diverge gravel bike and a Stumpjumper ST 29 Comp Carbon.

Perfect mix to cover all the types of riding I do in SoCal.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You guys can keep your Camelbaks. Bottles work fine, and you can always stuff one or two in a jersey pocket. I carry basic tools and a plug kit in the other pocket. Saddle bags aren't my thing either. And if you're doing stream crossings right, your CB bite valve would be just as gunk covered. Not hard to wipe either off.

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie
I have a really nice road bike I got during clearance at REI six years ago and thanks to my disaffection with presta valves there it sat unused
for six years. I didn't even look at the valves when I purchased. It was a very nice frame and half price so I just bought it.
Well with nothing but time since the corona lockdown, I decided to make it rideable again. I drilled and smoothed out the valve hole on the rims
and since I live in LA went with a little beefier tire than a 25mm (who rides these tires must have nads of steel) and Schrader valve tubes. Since the retrofit I have put about 50 miles on it. Better late than never!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I have a really nice road bike I got during clearance at REI six years ago and thanks to my disaffection with presta valves there it sat unused
for six years. I didn't even look at the valves when I purchased. It was a very nice frame and half price so I just bought it.
Well with nothing but time since the corona lockdown, I decided to make it rideable again. I drilled and smoothed out the valve hole on the rims
and since I live in LA went with a little beefier tire than a 25mm (who rides these tires must have nads of steel) and Schrader valve tubes. Since the retrofit I have put about 50 miles on it. Better late than never!
You monster! You probably put your sunglasses under your helmet straps too! I rode 19's for years and think of 25's as comfy as hell. Although I do run 28's on my commuter.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie

I survived with Continental Grand Prix 4-season 25mm. But also have a Specialized CG-R seatpost.

But now I run Specialized Roubaix Pro 25/28.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've been on this since most of the dirt trails I like are closed.

velo.JPG

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I survived with Continental Grand Prix 4-season 25mm. But also have a Specialized CG-R seatpost.

But now I run Specialized Roubaix Pro 25/28.
How do you like your CG-R seatpost? My Diverge didn't come with one and I am always testing the limits of my gravel riding. The Future Shock in the stem is wonderful for small vibrations.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
How do you like your CG-R seatpost? My Diverge didn't come with one and I am always testing the limits of my gravel riding. The Future Shock in the stem is wonderful for small vibrations.

It's on my 2010 Secteur road bike (aluminum frame), with a Romin Evo saddle. I've had the CG-R for a few years now... that's what kept me from getting a carbon Roubaix. You do feel the subtle bounce on the seatpost, from its claimed up to 18mm of travel.

I am considering ditching my speedplay zero and going with Shimano mtb pedals. I do enjoy the ability to walk, and if I step into sand, it won't affect me clipping in.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
road cycling, no, but MTB heck yeah!

Lived in Colorado Springs, CO for years and would MTB all over the single tracks on Cheyenne mountain (Capt Jacks Trail, etc). Live in VA now, so different type (waaaaay less elevation) of terrain where I live, but still fun. Currently run a '29er, GT Karakoam hardtail, but looking to sell and upgrade to full suspension.

Quantico Marine Corp base has a trail network. They let non DoD civilians on for certain events, such as....

http://www.quanticoepic1.qmtb.org/

I remember the "Elevator" trail was a difficult climb, with a couple of asthma attacks to climb it.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I see you got some Speedplay pedals. You don't see too many people using Speedplay. Mostly Shimano pedals.

Most of my friends use Speedplay. I've been using them for close to 10 years. I like the larger platform of the Speedplay cleats and I also like that pedals are two sided. Since they are not made of plastic...the Speedplay cleats don't tend break when they start to wear down. One of the reasons Shimano is more common is because they cost less. The Speedplay costs a bit more. I'm using the Zero with the stainless spindles.