GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yea I've read that on menus for chicken. Might need to try, I usually just throw breast in some salt water. The turkey one I use I saw on youtube.

At thanksgiving last year I was disappointed to see this overdone oven bird. So dry... lol. Couple days later I bought my own to have for personal use

Good thing about leftover dry turkey is you can always turn it into delicious turkey salad sandwich.

I tried a dry salt brine a steak the other day for the first time, came out great. Have yet to try for chicken yet. Only downside for the steak is that it completely changed the coloring. Turns the steak gray .

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
20200109_233831.jpg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Good thing about leftover dry turkey is you can always turn it into delicious turkey salad sandwich.

I tried a dry salt brine a steak the other day for the first time, came out great. Have yet to try for chicken yet. Only downside for the steak is that it completely changed the coloring. Turns the steak gray .

It's the deal for chicken. Haven't tried any of the dry aging or dry brine yet. I guess maybe you'd have to get a good sear on it to try and change the color. My boy thinks he's bobby flay so he gets all his steaks from the butcher and does them sous vide.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's the deal for chicken. Haven't tried any of the dry aging or dry brine yet. I guess maybe you'd have to get a good sear on it to try and change the color. My boy thinks he's bobby flay so he gets all his steaks from the butcher and does them sous vide.
ive been thinking about buying a sous vide machine, never tried sous vide food . hear good things though

i dig your avatar (y)

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I have a sous vide - here's my thoughts:
1) Although it can cook steak to the desired done-ness, the meat you pull out of the bag is grey and slimy. It's fine inside, and looks OK after you sear it, but I find cooking with grey meat very unappetizing.
2) It's more clutter to store, clean, deal with in the kitchen.
3) Works ok for Chicken, and to thaw food.

My steak tactics - super simple.
1) Get the meat out of the refrigerator 2-hours before you grill it. Let it get up to room temperature. If you keep it covered, it turns a healthy looking red.
2) Liberal kosher salt on the outside. No brine, marinade, etc.
3) Get coals on the grill glowing red hot. Lump charcoal only. Avoid briquettes, and (god forbid) no gas! Maybe toss some wood chips on for extra flava.
4) Set the grate as close to the coals as possible - 1" or 2" if you can do it.
5) Sear hot and fast! Enough for the Mailliard reaction, and that's all. I like just a tiny layer of purple in the very center.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Saw a meme the other day about people with shit boxes blocking plates/info in their posts. And then I found this on craigslist.... 15 year old Merc worth pretty much nothing
00I0I_gpQdcnZxCqD_600x450.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Can anyone besides a cop actually do anything with a license plate number?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Guaranteed for life?? Lol

Attachments

• 3E6F6A13-0BCC-4E72-AEB2-CFC2704B93D3.jpeg
    3E6F6A13-0BCC-4E72-AEB2-CFC2704B93D3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 230