GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reversed Rear Window switch

GorData

Ready to race!
The fix was easy. I switched out the window motor/window regulator and everything has been butter since. It wasn't a reversed wire.I guess it got programed that way at the dealership.hope everything works out for you.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I've got the same problem with the driverside rear window.

Push the switch down = window goes up, lift the switch up = window goes down! The one touch function of the switch is also not working. Annoying because when I put the windows down from the remote key fob that one window stays closed, when I close the others from the key fob that one windows goes down!

It started after it went into the dealer to get some minor damage fixed after some stupid woman drove into me.

The dealer is having problems trying to work out the cause and a fix for it, they've had it a week and I'm driving around in their loan car.... a VW Fox:thumbdown:

Probably a long shot, but what was the resolution? I have a 2008 GTI that has the same problem. The rear right window works in reverse on both the driver switch and the door switch. This definitely seems like a software issue vs hardware.

I looked into the rear right door module with OBD11, and I'm not sure what to change in order to affect window functionality.

DunnRight

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Probably a long shot, but what was the resolution? I have a 2008 GTI that has the same problem. The rear right window works in reverse on both the driver switch and the door switch. This definitely seems like a software issue vs hardware.

I looked into the rear right door module with OBD11, and I'm not sure what to change in order to affect window functionality.

I am having the same issue on my 07 GTI. Back right window. Did you ever find a fix?

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I am having the same issue on my 07 GTI. Back right window. Did you ever find a fix?

Nope, I'm planning on getting a replacement window module from the junk yard when things start to return to normal. I couldn't see anything with my OBD11 that was wrong.

I suspect it's an issue with the module's Firmware that only the dealer will be able to fix.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Well I'm stumped on this issue.

I ordered a replacement window motor from Europe off of a Skoda (part number is the same). There is the door control module that comes attached to the window motor. I swapped the whole assembly to the one I ordered and the window is still reversed. This rules out an issue with my module unless the one I ordered was also experiencing the same issue, but I find that a bit hard to believe.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Well I finally solved my issue. I was able to get another window motor from a part out and that fixed the direction of the window switch.

It looks like these cars are really picky about part number revisions. The Skoda part I installed was revision J whereas my part was revision K. I assumed being the same part number, it would still work, however this was not the case. The one that worked had the same part number and revision.

Glad this is finally sorted out.