GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fastest production car

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I want whatever camera was keeping up with that thing!

DAS_STIG

Banned
Wish they would show the 0-60 time.

It seems like tire tech is limiting most of these crazy cars to around 2.5 seconds 0-60. You have to start looking at bigger numbers to start seeing the difference between all of them (zonda, Porsche. Ferrari, Bugatti, koenigsegg, McLaren, etc).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It seems like tire tech is limiting most of these crazy cars to around 2.5 seconds 0-60. You have to start looking at bigger numbers to start seeing the difference between all of them (zonda, Porsche. Ferrari, Bugatti, koenigsegg, McLaren, etc).

I just wanted to see if the Tesla was still the fastest to 60.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is the S ludicrous the fastest? Didnt think it was. Even if it is faster by 0.1 sec it won't hold it much past that against some of the other cars in that 0-60 range.

Yes the Tesla Roadster does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
LoL... you mean you're believing musk tweets 100%? Even he said that "oh yeah it wont really do 1.9, but it'll do 2.1!" Still crazy fast, but until it's actually tested it doesnt count.

It's an announcement on YouTube and several websites. Either time would still make it the fastest to 60.

DAS_STIG

Banned
It's an announcement on YouTube and several websites. Either time would still make it the fastest to 60.

Tesla is claiming that and some sites are echoing it, doesnt mean it's real. It is not in production nor has it been tested yet. Until such a time it is not the quickest 0-60.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I find "the fastest" production car irrelevant at this point. It's just bragging rights until the next "fastest" car is developed. You can't sanely drive at these speeds unless you're a professional on a closed course, and most of these just sit in a rich-guy's garage as collector car / investment.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I find "the fastest" production car irrelevant at this point. It's just bragging rights until the next "fastest" car is developed. You can't sanely drive at these speeds unless you're a professional on a closed course, and most of these just sit in a rich-guy's garage as collector car / investment.

Really we are talking about the quickest car, not the fastest.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Tesla is claiming that and some sites are echoing it, doesnt mean it's real. It is not in production nor has it been tested yet. Until such a time it is not the quickest 0-60.

I don't remember the model designation but Tesla has another model that has been documented many times at 2.5 to 60. What production car is faster.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I don't remember the model designation but Tesla has another model that has been documented many times at 2.5 to 60. What production car is faster.

That was the Tesla S P100D in Ludicrous mode. The Porsche 918 was tested at 2.1. Theres a few tested at 2.3 and 2.4.

Does 0-60 matter if a car can do 400kmh?
Even if a Tesla is faster to 60mph somewhere around 150mph a 248mph car going to pull away?

Would take a Koenigsegga over a Tesla any day.

That's what I was saying. One or two tenths at 0-60 doesnt matter once you're talking about 0-200+. Since folks want to be pedantic I'll gladly join them.