GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunglasses for Driving

DAS_STIG

Banned
Great for cycling but I haven’t seen any polarized prizm - maybe their golf specific ones are.

There are definitely a lot of polarized prizm options. Basically those vs the Maui Jim polarized are my top two.

Although those BluBlocker Vipers are tempting.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Oakley daily prizm lenses are amazing imo.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

DAS_STIG

Banned
Looks like this place might have replacement lenses: https://www.fuselenses.com/oakley/crosshair-2012.html

I've currently got polarized Ray Ban's in both cars and I picked up a some Italian made polarized Bolle for dirt cheap at Costco for beaters years ago.

I saw Fuse as well. Revant Optics seemed to be the most highly rated of those non-OEM lens replacement companies for optical quality that's why I went with them. Sucks their lens does not fit. I may try them again hoping that it was a defective set I got the first time now that Oakley said they do not have lenses available to send me.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Wow, we used to always buy Luxottica glasses. You probably know they own something like 90% of the "premium" brands, like Ray-Ban. Then I wised up. A few hundred per pair for Rx, polarized, etc. Then I noticed Walmart sells the other name-brand suns for 1/3 the price, and they last just as long as the expensive one.

I went to replace the ones I bought from Walmart but not all stores carry the frames, so I looked on the manufacturer's website. The frames alone for non-Rx polarized suns retail for over $300 from any of their "authorized" dealers. Walmart sells them for $80.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Wow, we used to always buy Luxottica glasses. You probably know they own something like 90% of the "premium" brands, like Ray-Ban. Then I wised up. A few hundred per pair for Rx, polarized, etc. Then I noticed Walmart sells the other name-brand suns for 1/3 the price, and they last just as long as the expensive one.

I went to replace the ones I bought from Walmart but not all stores carry the frames, so I looked on the manufacturer's website. The frames alone for non-Rx polarized suns retail for over $300 from any of their "authorized" dealers. Walmart sells them for $80.

Yes, you can buy decent sunglasses for less than $150 and that's what I was hoping some folks would have recommendations on. Oakley's definitely have a nice lens that is levels above your standard grocery store rack brand.

Maui Jim is not owned by Luxottica and that's probably one of the main reasons I am leaning toward them.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Yes, you can buy decent sunglasses for less than $150 and that's what I was hoping some folks would have recommendations on. Oakley's definitely have a nice lens that is levels above your standard grocery store rack brand.

Maui Jim is not owned by Luxottica and that's probably one of the main reasons I am leaning toward them.
Honestly, I've had a random $20 polarized pair from Amazon last 6 years, and the lenses were pretty much similar to the Oakley I have (mentioned in my previous post).

Now if we're talking about glass vs plastic lenses (which my Oakley has), then clarity would likely be different.

Edit: I personally don't like Oakley's PRIZM lenses. I tried a few variants and found the enhanced colors to be a bit much. My eyes are sensitive, though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

That's the exact reason i went with wiley over oakley. Plus they give military members and veterans discounts wile being privately owner by a veteran

DAS_STIG

Banned
Does anyone have experience with Serengeti brand sunglasses? Look quite nice, cheaper than Oakley, and owned by Bushnell so should be something decent.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I ordered a set of Serengeti Erice sunglasses. Everything I am finding gives Serengeti really high ratings. They were only $100 so way cheaper than the Luxoticca brands and even equivalent Maui Jim.