GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

armedferret

Ready to race!
When we go to Tomorrowland in Belgium next year, we're making the 2-hour day trip down to Spa. I've been cleared hot to do this:

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/individual-track-introduction-sessions

We're going to rent something like a mini cooper or similar from Sixt in Brussels to get there and do the parade laps.

I'm way more excited about getting to ride around it with a professional (presumably up-and-coming touring car or endurance driver just gaining track knowledge and experience) racing driver. I mean.....it's fucking SPA y'all.

We're also touring the Hungaroring on the same trip, but just the cheap 7-euro guided tour. Includes a photo on the podium. :D

armedferret

Ready to race!
Well that sounds awesome!

Once we decided to hit Tomorrowland next year, we were thinking we needed to do some sort of adventure in Europe since we'll be there anyway (and i should have plenty of leave banked). Started thinking the usual paris/rome/etc and then realized....that ain't us. At all lol.

So I said "How bout we go all Top Gear and go drive the Transfargarasan Highway in Romania?" She squealed with delight, so there's the plan lol. Few stops on the way of course. Public transit (trains/planes) between belgium and Bucharest, then rental in bucharest to drive 7C. Poenari Citadel (vlad the impaler's actual residence) sits along it too. Bonus.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Am I the only person who's irrationally annoyed that they put Spa qualifying on ESPNews? I can't stream it on the FireTV app because the cable subscription I'm borrowing doesn't have the channel. (Real 1st-world problems here.)

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
RIP to Anthoine Hubert. And speedy recovery (physically and mentally) to Juan Manuel Correa.

Great first win for Leclerc with Hamilton breathing down his neck. Disappointing race for Vettel (what's his deal?). Box checked for Hamilton on the way to championship #6. A little overaggressive on the inside track for Verstappen into turn 1, although Kimi could have given him a little room if he saw him. Still Max's fault.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Seems that way. Shame to see. Do you think the rumors of a return to Red Bull might be true?

I don’t know. Red Bull’s got this thing for young blood, and they already have their future secured with Max. Maybe Albon.

This is really looking like early retirement for him. A 4-time WC who’s being out shown by relative rookie. I don’t think he’s having fun anymore.