GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple Conspiracy?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The iSheep won't know that as they buy Apple crap every time it changes it's version number. Anyone that has bought a phone or pad to use and not be a fashion statement will already know it's speed is reduced as soon as an update comes out. Won't hurt Apple as the sheep only buy the latest version and they won't notice.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung did the same thing. My S7 Edge isn't as responsive as it used to be.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Phones are basically little computers now.
It only makes sense (to me at least) that better hardware is required to support the more advanced software that inevitably comes out year after year.
I'm not going to put the latest desktop OS (Mac or Windows) on old hardware!
I understand that it would be slow. The evolution is rapid.
I still have an old Mac laptop (that is unused) that I got 10 years ago and I know for a fact that the iPhone sitting on my desk is equally, if not more powerful than that old machine.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Phones are basically little computers now.
It only makes sense (to me at least) that better hardware is required to support the more advanced software that inevitably comes out year after year.
I'm not going to put the latest desktop OS (Mac or Windows) on old hardware!
I understand that it would be slow. The evolution is rapid.
I still have an old Mac laptop (that is unused) that I got 10 years ago and I know for a fact that the iPhone sitting on my desk is equally, if not more powerful than that old machine.

^^THIS

It's not an earth shattering revelation why phones slow down when you upgrade the OS on an older platform phone.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
And I just saw this morning that there is now a lawsuit pending against Apple because of this.
So even if Apple were to respond, and take out that portion of the software that is "slowing down" the phones, then all these people will be pissed when their old ass iPhone only lasts 4 hours to a full charge.
It's a loose loose in my opinion. If you aren't willing to keep up with technology, buy a flip phone.

Loonster

Ready to race!
Call me nuts, I use Blackberry. Not good for apps but great for work.

adam1991

Banned
I absolutely loved my old Blackberries, back in the day. When I switched employers I went Android; I really didn't like the experience. Not only that, my new employer doesn't use MS Exchange.

Man, there's nothing like the old Blackberries with a BES in a MS Exchange environment. That's pure productivity.

Anwyay, I've had a Blackberry KEYone for the last 6 months. It'll do.

adam1991

Banned
I'll be honest....I miss my old side scroll wheel and brick breaker.

yes, although I adapted well to the front center cursor control--but only after they made it glass and touch. The little ball they originally used was nothing but a pain when it got dirty.

However, once they made that a solid state touch sensor, they also made the screen a touch screen. ARGH! Guys, there's ZERO need to touch a BB screen! Well, they were jumping on a marketing bandwagon to say "see, we have touchscreen just like iPhone!" Never mind that not only did it make zero sense, it actually got in the way with respect to handling the phone. I had to train myself hard not to grab it by the screen anymore.

Loonster

Ready to race!
I absolutely loved my old Blackberries, back in the day. When I switched employers I went Android; I really didn't like the experience. Not only that, my new employer doesn't use MS Exchange.

Man, there's nothing like the old Blackberries with a BES in a MS Exchange environment. That's pure productivity.

Anwyay, I've had a Blackberry KEYone for the last 6 months. It'll do.

I have a Blackberry Passport Silver Edition. It's made out of one piece aluminum case. Great phone for work, great speakers, superb camera. I'll use that phone till it dies. In anticipation of that, bought another one just in case.