GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Again, that's because 9mm is cheaper. Does 9mm take the crown because the majority of the guns used in that study fire 9mm? Anyways, to each their own. I like my .40 more than the 9mm.

To each their own indeed. I would be curious to see how those stats would look if 9 and 40 were cost equivalent.

I prefer my Beretta to my dad's M&P 40. The recoil is harder to handle on that gun and I find the trigger is garbage, and somehow - still have not figured out what is causing it - the trigger pinches my finger and after a few mags the bottom side of my trigger finger is a blood blister. I'm not an extremely experienced pistol shooter so its most likely my fault, but I'll still take my 9 any day over the 40. I'd like to try a nice glock or something chambered in 40 to see if it changes my mind. I had my eye on the M&P Pro because it felt much better in my hands than the standard but havent had the chance to try one out

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I love my .40 shield ..I have years of "knowing" it, in all climates and shooting environments. I'm sure I'd be saying the same if I had years of the same with a 9mm. I can't believe the kick from a .40 or 9mm shield is THAT much of a difference.... With that sized barrel, almost any caliber will jump.... It's the getting used to re-acquiring you have to train to. My Glock 30sf is stupid to re-acquiring with, but I don't shoot it that much, and it's a longer barrel.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Love cowboy guns. Been wanting a lever action for a while they're all just so expensive. Just picked up a heritage arms rough rider 22lr with a 22 mag cylinder. Probabaly the best 150 I spent on a gun lol that thing is so damn fun to shoot. Pretty much a colt peacemaker replica

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

You can get a JM stamped Marlin 336 for 400+ bucks in great condition, such as the black one in my photo. It's a quality gun that is very practical (if shit hits the fan and aliens and zombies invade and I'm still in California, a lever action is my go-to gun).

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Back when my friend was in the Secret Service he had his choice of ammo, .357 SIG or a .40. He chose the .357 SIG. Of course it's nice when you don't need to pay for the gun or ammo. :)

.380's are nice in a pocket pistol but regular ammo is too snappy. Has anyone experimented with lighter factory hollow point loads?

As for stopping power, I take notice of times when perps are shot with one of the pocket .380's when it makes the news in Florida. There was one instance where a guy's date was attacked as she got out of their car in a secluded area of a restaurant parking lot. The guy shot her attacker six times. He survived, probably because the guy couldn't control his gun well enough. As I'm sure all of you know, a .380 is only about as good as .22 MAG.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Speaking of pocket guns, does anyone have a North American Arms .22 LR with the 1-1/8" barrel? I can see times when it's size would be an asset, but only with the folding handle to help control the recoil.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
You can get a JM stamped Marlin 336 for 400+ bucks in great condition, such as the black one in my photo. It's a quality gun that is very practical (if shit hits the fan and aliens and zombies invade and I'm still in California, a lever action is my go-to gun).
That's a good price marlin makes a good gun. Problem is I want a cowboy gun in a cowboy caliber lol I'll check those marlins but all I've seen in other brands around that 400 range was 22lr

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That's a good price marlin makes a good gun. Problem is I want a cowboy gun in a cowboy caliber lol I'll check those marlins but all I've seen in other brands around that 400 range was 22lr

If you want a cowboy caliber, chances are you'll want to take a look at Henries. They have a lot of those revolver caliber rifles. I for one do not like Henries because of the way they load. It may sound funny to speak of a tactical reload in a lever action, but I'll take a gate loader over a tube loader any day.
Anyhow, gunbroker has a looot of great levers, I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

What about the Rossi lever guns? I have one in .357 and it's pretty sweet. Pretty sure it's also available in .45LC and .44mag.

At some point, I want to round out my 'cowboy setup' with a Ruger Blackhawk in 357/9mm

Attachments

• M921.JPG
    M921.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 303

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
What about the Rossi lever guns? I have one in .357 and it's pretty sweet. Pretty sure it's also available in .45LC and .44mag.

At some point, I want to round out my 'cowboy setup' with a Ruger Blackhawk in 357/9mm
I'll check rossi I forgot about them thanks

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
If you want a cowboy caliber, chances are you'll want to take a look at Henries. They have a lot of those revolver caliber rifles. I for one do not like Henries because of the way they load. It may sound funny to speak of a tactical reload in a lever action, but I'll take a gate loader over a tube loader any day.

Anyhow, gunbroker has a looot of great levers, I'm sure you'll find something you like.
Yeaaa I like the gate loaders better for sure

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Tube loaders suck

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Finally got some time to spend shooting over the holiday break. This is normally my NRA smallbore silhouette gun , but I threw a bipod on there for some more relaxed shooting and to make sure my distances were still zeroed haha.

Savage Mark II FV 22lr (Pre-AccuTrigger)
Richard's Microfit Tac-Driver stock
Rifle Basix adjustable trigger sear
Mueller 8-32 x 44mm with target dot

That is a beautiful setup!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Again, that's because 9mm is cheaper. Does 9mm take the crown because the majority of the guns used in that study fire 9mm? Anyways, to each their own. I like my .40 more than the 9mm.
I'll just say this. Using a different example. Modern MBTs. We'll use two. The Challenger II, and the Leopard II. Both gen 3 MBTs, both very advance, both are widely considered as equals by most. Myself included. However, the one thing that sets them apart are a combat record. The Challenger II has a far more extensive combat record, with stellar stats to boot. So because of this, the Challenger IIs combat record is usually used to set it apart from it's other EU(for 90 more days ha) counterparts as superior. Like 9mm, it has a more extensive combat record with a far sturdier leg to stand on. But like you said, to each his own! 9mm has been around for 119 years for a reason.