GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your occupation?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Anyone ever wake up and want to leave a perfectly good job with security and duration, and go do something you've always wanted too? Like....working for an arms manufacturer (FN, PSA, etc) or working in weapons R&D for the government or become an apprentice at a indie Porsche/Audi/VW shop and turn wrenches?

or maybe it's just me

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Anyone ever wake up and want to leave a perfectly good job with security and duration, and go do something you've always wanted too?

All the time.... And then I think about my current situation and the others in my life and I don't have the balls to do it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
All the time.... And then I think about my current situation and the others in my life and I don't have the balls to do it.

Yeah.....in my mind it would be super selfish and not keeping my family in mind. Now if the opp had the same salary and we didn't have to move....different story I suppose.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Anyone ever wake up and want to leave a perfectly good job with security and duration, and go do something you've always wanted too? Like....working for an arms manufacturer (FN, PSA, etc) or working in weapons R&D for the government or become an apprentice at a indie Porsche/Audi/VW shop and turn wrenches?

or maybe it's just me

No, I have worked for my current company since I was 17 (I’m 25) and have stayed with them ever since because I knew it was the right place for me. Worked up from making sandwiches in the deli to being a Systems Admin in their IT dept for my first post-graduation “big boy” job. Will never leave, as I already have nearly 100K for retirement at he age of 25 and am on track to retire at 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
No, I have worked for my current company since I was 17 (I’m 25) and have stayed with them ever since because I knew it was the right place for me. Worked up from making sandwiches in the deli to being a Systems Admin in their IT dept for my first post-graduation “big boy” job. Will never leave, as I already have nearly 100K for retirement at he age of 25 and am on track to retire at 50.

We get it. WaWa is a good place to work :D

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Lol. I have to say, you're set up well and better than almost all in your age bracket.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Enginerd for a major tube fittings/fluid system component manufacturer

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yeah.....in my mind it would be super selfish and not keeping my family in mind. Now if the opp had the same salary and we didn't have to move....different story I suppose.

Maybe it's just not the right time for it. I have always said, everything happens for a reason and you need to look at the big picture and stop focusing on the "now". God already knows your path, it's just up to you to figure it out and have faith.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Maybe it's just not the right time for it. I have always said, everything happens for a reason and you need to look at the big picture and stop focusing on the "now". God already knows your path, it's just up to you to figure it out and have faith.

Amen brotha......love where He has me and am definitely not complaining, but sometimes ......I daydream

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT

or maybe it's just me
Well, I didn't just wake up and decide it, but a bit less than a year ago I left a college VP position to become a pastor. I do miss the old salary sometimes, but it really is where I belong and fulfills a calling going back to high school. So it can be done, but it takes strong motivation and/or a clear sense of calling.

A wife who's 100% on the same page and fully supported the big change for our family is also pretty essential!

Sent from my phone

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Physician Assistant (PA). Work in Orthopaedics. I did the whole putting life on hold and going back to school thing 7 years ago when I went back to school to become a PA, had been working as an Athletic Trainer for 5 years and felt I had to make a change before I got to too stuck. No regrets.