GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oettinger Fmic.......

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Aren't the GTI's supplied to South Africa different in having 'extra' cooling methods which are built-in at the VW factory and not moddable?

GolfRS

Banned
The above mentioned IC seems to be just another S3 IC, like the one B&B is selling as "its own" for ~1000 Euro....

Smart huh ?

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
oettinger also use the Carbonio (debadged) carbonfibre intake as their own on their modified A3 Sportline. Tut-tut :frown:

Sp00nman

Dubhead Extraordinaire
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
Aren't the GTI's supplied to South Africa different in having 'extra' cooling methods which are built-in at the VW factory and not moddable?

Nope our cars is SA are specced with exactly the same cooler as the Euro spec GTI's, though i have read somewhere about the cars bound for the middle east having a slightly differeant cooling system layout, not sure of the details though.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Nope our cars is SA are specced with exactly the same cooler as the Euro spec GTI's, though i have read somewhere about the cars bound for the middle east having a slightly differeant cooling system layout, not sure of the details though.

....We have the same info except that I lumped SA in with The Middle East.

:thumbsup:

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub

....came across some info by chance - Hot Climate Specification from VW includes an extra radiator in front of the wheel arch.

HTH

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
The above mentioned IC seems to be just another S3 IC, like the one B&B is selling as "its own" for ~1000 Euro....

Smart huh ?

Thing is, the Oettinger FMIC will be sold for roughly $680...so just wondering if its worth the money. Are there any significant gains?

GolfRS

Banned
Thing is, the Oettinger FMIC will be sold for roughly $680...so just wondering if its worth the money. Are there any significant gains?

Well if it IS in fact the same as the B&B FMIC, and both the same as the S3 FMIC, then i don't see the reason to buy from Oettinger and not from your dealer...

The S3 FMIC is a decent solution, may provide an extra 10-15% cooling, but my perspective is when you buy something "for the life of the car", you might as well go the extra mile and get THE BEST.

The FMIC is a part you probably won't touch again till you change car.

For one, i'm going either APR (or any other bigger OEM placed IC) or Forge.

JeepNGLI

Heart-ing Forge Since 06
Forge FTW!

GolfRS

Banned
As far as I know, APR 'owns' Oettinger or vice versa... so I would only assume that APRs FMIC is the same one that Oettinger is selling...

I HIGHLY doubt that, especially since APR hasn't released its FMIC yet....

But you are welcome to post a pic...!!!

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie