GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I would think that some of these azn chicks these days would be Fast n Furious types and also have small enough asses that they might prefer the sport seats, but maybe not. Amusingly all 3 of the asian chicks that I sort of know drive 2012+ automatic civic sedans. They might even all be silver IIRC :lol:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I would think that some of these azn chicks these days would be Fast n Furious types and also have small enough asses that they might prefer the sport seats, but maybe not. Amusingly all 3 of the asian chicks that I sort of know drive 2012+ automatic civic sedans. They might even all be silver IIRC :lol:

+1 here mine does too.

Asians are smart with their money.

She makes nearly 200k a year and drives a 19k MSRP Civic 0FG

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It dawned on me today that I've been approaching the next-car thought all wrong. I basically don't want to pay more than I'm paying now per month and I want to drive a 3 series, preferably a 328 next time.. This leaves the obvious choice: leasing a previous service loaner or demo vehicle. Yes, these cars are road hard and put away wet. Yes they are beat on. But probably no worse than I mercilessly beat on my car each day. They lease for dirt cheap. Crevier BMW in OC is running an ad right now for $250 p/month on a demo or loaner lease w/$2000 @ signing. W/negotiations, you could prob get a decently equipped demo or loaner 328i for like $300 OTD zero down. Sweet.

Drawbacks:

You'd have to take what you could get. No special ordering, probably no sport lines out there. Most likely 328i Asian Camry... Bare minimum it'd have to have premium pkg, heated seats.. I could even live without lighting .HID are cool but honestly who gives a shit. If it means getting a beater 3'er for 3 bills, sign me up. That's my recent train of thought. City and highway cruiser with some basic luxury amenities and a slightly cushier ride with an extra $400 budgeted for a stage 1 tune to bring that mom mobile up to almost 300HP. Fuckin A.

Sorry placman, but I can't risk starting my own thread and it turning into a shit show of pure BMW/los angeles hatred, being thrown piles of shit by 22 year old dubstep bros who work at Chiles, saving up for dat plastidip doe. Im hijacking. Considering half this thread is vacuums and sage real estate and personal finance advice from people who live in Chodesworth, Minnesota, seems alright.

@Placstidip: Hows the stereo in the Subie??

Yep I told you about these leases, some other dudebro brought them up as well.

I mean if badgewhoring is your thing then there is no cheaper way to do this. That's for sure.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I mean isn't the badged Camry thing a little overstated? But yeah... I don't think anyone, literally anyone in my age bracket or demographic drives a no line 328i. It's like all Asian women. Seriously. Dolly Hwang?! That name couldn't be more perfect. Still, Camry or not, it's got an undeniably excellent engine/transmission combo.. Still RWD, 50/50 goodness. But yeah, those flat seats, that floaty soft suspension, those 17" all season and shitty star spoke wheels, that steering wheel.. Fuck.

Demo/loaner would be dirt cheap though.. Out of all the dealers in SoCal though, I bet they could source one somewhere.. Just totally unicorn rare that you get a sport line anything as a loaner or demo though. That's the problem.

Id say it's about as overstated as calling a GTI a yaris:iono:

McQueen77

Banned
Nah, the Asians I'm talking about are in their 40's and 50's. Remember the average age of 3 series drivers is 52. No joke.

I think BMW goes out of its way to negate the effects of RWD and 50/50 balance in base cars. People that buy those things are just buying a badge, and want it to drive like a Camry, not a "rough" "twitchy" sports sedan. That's why the sportline exists in the first place, to appease people that actually care how the car drives. I just don't see the point in base cars.

But if you could find a sportline demo, that would be a solid deal. They may exist somewhere, who knows where.

There's also used/certified ones you can lease. That's epic cheapness. Could lease to buy if you still liked it after 3 years.. then it'd be out of warranty. Sweet. Fuck buying those things.. Even a CPO sportline w/minimal options is like $28.5k + tax and fees. That's fucking epic coin to commit long term to some 3 year old Bimmer shitbox that will start blowing your asshole open in 3 years with repairs and maintenance.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I was talking with one of them last year and made a comment along the lines of "people who don't care about cars should just buy a civic" and she turned bright red - "I just bought a civic last week" :lol:
:word:

Matter of fact my asian bought this car because

I wanted a car I didn't care about for work, so that if it gets dinged/dented etc I wouldn't mind.

She treats it like shit too, like you should :laugh:

McQueen77

Banned

This. I've driven one and if you can't tell the difference between a base 328i and a fucking Camry you should obviously just get a Camry. There is a difference.

I'd have to do a seriously extended test drive in one of those but yeah, prob be a let down. I think the seats would be the dealer breaker. Those seats and steering wheel would be a big step down from my car. Handling too. Couldn't just whip it around.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI

Have you driven a base 3-series and a top-line Camry or better yet, Accord? Same price, and the difference isn't that much really.

There's also used/certified ones you can lease. That's epic cheapness. Could lease to buy if you still liked it after 3 years.. then it'd be out of warranty. Sweet. Fuck buying those things.. Even a CPO sportline w/minimal options is like $28.5k + tax and fees. That's fucking epic coin to commit long term to some 3 year old Bimmer shitbox that will start blowing your asshole open in 3 years with repairs and maintenance.

Leasing a certified used car. Wow.

Probably insane cheap, doe.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I mean lets be honest here... if you care that much about an extra $50-100 you probably shouldn't be rolling in a BMW. It is a tough fact of life :(

McQueen77

Banned
Have you driven a base 3-series and a top-line Camry or better yet, Accord? Same price, and the difference isn't that much really.

Leasing a certified used car. Wow.

Probably insane cheap, doe.

Yeah, they don't lease out the 3 year old lease returns. They just turn around and sell those for about 10 grand more than they are worth. They lease the 'certified elite' ones as they call it which all have less than 10k miles. I think there is some warranty provision that extends throughout the lease or else why would you do it. Some forum bro leased a 1 year old 3'r with 11k miles on the clock for pretty cheap. It's already got some damage too so you can just pummel it. Guy at my work is leasing a 335i m sport right now. Checked out the interior the other day. I mean, ok, it's a rad car but dude he's paying like $650 a month. It doesn't look or feel much different than my car. Same seats, same steering wheel, same everything. Has some gay carbon fiber looking aluminum trim, paddle shifters, some other tech bullshit. It's obviously balls fast and has the insanely vented fast and furious front end but come on.. I mean who even cares? Do you know what my average speed was on the way into work today? 20mph.

Fucking MSRP of $62000! hahahaha! It's basically a 320i sport pkg with a different engine and some other crap for almost double the price.

It's all bullshit.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, they don't lease out the 3 year old lease returns. They just turn around and sell those for about 10 grand more than they are worth. They lease the 'certified elite' ones as they call it which all have less than 10k miles. I think there is some warranty provision that extends throughout the lease or else why would you do it. Some forum bro leased a 1 year old 3'r with 11k miles on the clock for pretty cheap. It's already got some damage too so you can just pummel it. Guy at my work is leasing a 335i m sport right now. Checked out the interior the other day. I mean, ok, it's a rad car but dude he's paying like $650 a month. It doesn't look or feel much different than my car. Same seats, same steering wheel, same everything. Has some gay carbon fiber looking aluminum trim, paddle shifters, some other tech bullshit. It's obviously balls fast and has the insanely vented fast and furious front end but come on.. Fucking MSRP of $62000! hahahaha! It's basically a 320i sport pkg with a different engine and some other crap for almost double the price.

It's all bullshit.

It is but he has nearly double your HP. Bigger brakes/suspension etc.

You got to make a distinction somewhere...