GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
Natural gas everything is better, furnace, BBQ, hot water tank, stove. If we couldn't get NG I'd get a propane pig rather than go electric.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Question...

What setting should I set my house T stat to bake a frozen pizza inside my gas heater stove while pulling up my newly bought sleep # bed on setting # 9?!

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Natural gas everything is better, furnace, BBQ, hot water tank, stove. If we couldn't get NG I'd get a propane pig rather than go electric.

:word:

There are apparently natural gas air conditioners but I've only ever seen them on the interwebz. I'd love to tell Southern California Edison to shove it up their ass, bastard rapists. If I was building a new house I'd build a giant solar setup, roll it into my mortgage, and build the mother of all A/C systems and keep my pad at 70 in the summer, NFG.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Natural gas in cali ain't cheap either... Not sure you'd save money.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Question...

What setting should I set my house T stat to bake a frozen pizza inside my gas heater stove while pulling up my newly bought sleep # bed on setting # 9?!

Depends. Is the pizza thin crust or deep dish? This is an important detail, and since you left it out in the first place, I assume you're making fun of me and I will proceed to ignore you. Ass.

:word:

There are apparently natural gas air conditioners but I've only ever seen them on the interwebz. I'd love to tell Southern California Edison to shove it up their ass, bastard rapists. If I was building a new house I'd build a giant solar setup, roll it into my mortgage, and build the mother of all A/C systems and keep my pad at 70 in the summer, NFG.

I'd be all over a natural gas A/C unit.

I don't understand why everyone isn't solar in SoCal. It makes the most sense. It's what...$20k to solar up the entire house? The FU factor alone would be worth it.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
My electric bill at it's highest was $110 in July, and that was a significant outlier.

Most of the time, it hovers around $60-70 a month.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
My electric bill at it's highest was $110 in July, and that was a significant outlier.

Most of the time, it hovers around $60-70 a month.

You seem to like your house to feel like the outdoors though. I haven't opened a window in the year and a half we've lived here.

70F year round while awake with AC cranking down to 65 (or heat simply turning off in winter) for sleeping hours = better luxury than driving a bmw in LA traffic.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
You seem to like your house to feel like the outdoors though. I haven't opened a window in the year and a half we've lived here.

70F year round while awake with AC cranking down to 65 (or heat simply turning off in winter) for sleeping hours = better luxury than driving a bmw in LA traffic.

60-62 in the winter, 72 in the summer. Sleep perfectly in the winter, and just need to cut the humidity in the summer.

I love the windows open in the spring/fall, though.

CSB, your house is the size of a shoe box. :clap:

Essentially. I'm no oil tycoon, and I don't need a bigger house. Just a bigger garage.

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
A 6 car garage with a shower, crapper, a place for a bed and a microwave. Done.

Id add to that garage the following: climate controlled (including industrial humidity control), a lift, industrial air-compressor, a drain system and hose hookup so you can wash cars in the dead of winter! Also a TV, fridge and sound system wouldn't hurt either.