GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Next gen Evo to compete with GTR

Balt21

Ready to race!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow.. that came out of nowhere. and yeah, there was talk for the last few years on hybrid or diesel.. but this is just..weird. Mitsu has been struggling big time, so this a huge risk - there has been talk several times of them even pulling out of the US market for god sakes.. crazy.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
wow.. that came out of nowhere. and yeah, there was talk for the last few years on hybrid or diesel.. but this is just..weird. Mitsu has been struggling big time, so this a huge risk - there has been talk several times of them even pulling out of the US market for god sakes.. crazy.

Mitsubishi Motors, yes.

The parent company itself? Don't think they are struggling though.

Which reminds me, how are their sales in other markets? They can't be that bad either.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Mitsubishi is doing okay in other markets - they're just dwindling in the US. I'm surprised they and Suzuki are still selling vehicles here.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Mitsubishi is doing okay in other markets - they're just dwindling in the US. I'm surprised they and Suzuki are still selling vehicles here.

Suzuki is withdrawing from the US market, which is a damn shame since if they were to sell the Swift it would turn their fortunes around rapidly.

As for Mitsubishi, they need to bring this compact truck, but in turbodiesel form, if they want to revive their sagging fortunes:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Forgot to add this: if Mitsubishi did bring out the L200 pickup in the states, it would be subjected to the stupid dreaded chicken tax that's been put in place since 1964 thus negating any possibility of making money from it (all Mitsubishi pickups, like every other compact pickup sold in other markets, are built in Thailand which isn't immune from that dumb tax).

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Mitsubishi Motors, yes.

The parent company itself? Don't think they are struggling though.

Which reminds me, how are their sales in other markets? They can't be that bad either.

correct, i was referring to mitsu motors in the US.

suzuki is pulling out, last i heard.

Suzuki is withdrawing from the US market, which is a damn shame since if they were to sell the Swift it would turn their fortunes around rapidly.

word

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Hope it works out, this should be interesting. Today's golden era of high performance cars need some competitiveness from more affordable Japanese automakers. They haven't done much in terms of power in over 7-8 years now, once considered as a great performance package for the money. In comparison, 2005/6 vs. 2013, there are plenty of options out there for some serious performance packages that money can now buy.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Didn't think there was even going to be a next generation Evo?
Mitsu needs a vehicle that will sell in some sort of volume to reverse
their slide in the US. I am not so sure a GTR competitor is the answer
to their problems but it would be cool none the less.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Didn't think there was even going to be a next generation Evo?
Mitsu needs a vehicle that will sell in some sort of volume to reverse
their slide in the US. I am not so sure a GTR competitor is the answer
to their problems but it would be cool none the less.

Totally agree.

Mitsubishi had solid offerings. The Lancer, Eclipse and Galant were good choices that sold well. Unfortunately the Lancer became uncompetitive, the Eclipse lost AWD an FI, became heavy and unsightly and the Galant couldn't keep pace with the segment. Then the dropped the popular Rodeo and gave us crap like the VehiCross. Shame on you Mitsubishi.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yea I think mitsubishi is pretty much done... they have nothing in their lineup aside form a small suv that is remotely competitive

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
LOL @hybrid or diesel. This will never be as cool as a GTR. Its so tuner friendly.

true, but sounds like they are going for some kind of "halo car" here.

Totally agree.

Mitsubishi had solid offerings. The Lancer, Eclipse and Galant were good choices that sold well. Unfortunately the Lancer became uncompetitive, the Eclipse lost AWD an FI, became heavy and unsightly and the Galant couldn't keep pace with the segment. Then the dropped the popular Rodeo and gave us crap like the VehiCross. Shame on you Mitsubishi.

The recent lancer could have been such a hit had they done something about MPG... it was crazy that it got WORSE mpg than the car before it.

If this did happen, it'd be interesting to see Subaru's response.

good point. its already gonna be real interesting to see what happens for the next gen one coming out hopefully within the next 1-2 years.