GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Gas prices

krische

vdubber in training
careful...

we're beginning to touch on non-market based factors which will set off all sorts of "un-american" alarm bells when you get into establishing any sort of coherent and methodical energy policy that's not simply "drill baby, drill".

Wait... There are people that are against growing our own bio fuel such as oil producing algae or bacteria that can turn crop by-products (corn stalks, etc.) into ethanol?

I thought people were mostly against ethanol currently because it has to use the actual kernel (aka food) and corn is heavily subsidized by the government.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I'm just happy getting 26mpg around town instead of 9mpg in my Mustang GT a couple of months ago.

Very happy.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
screw libya lets start drilling in alaska. I don't care if i'll never see a polar bear again... i never saw a dinosaur before and i'm living my life just fine!

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Heck...I'm glad the weather has finally turned nicer so I can drive my GTI.

Especially since I'm at the Mobil gas station re-filling (1/2 tank) the Jeep Wrangler twice a week........:cry:

MKsixGTI

Ready to race!
here is a conspiracy theory to think about.

government stills owns most of GM
GM designed and is trying to produce the epic failure volt
the government needs the volt to sell
just a thought....

remember the last time oil went this high? everyone and there sister shit the bed and promised to buy a hybrid. Demand slowed, and inventories rose, and the cost went down.

the whole idea of expensive oil right now is based on speculation that the war in libya will someone put a strain on inventory (there is an excess right now) and thus the demand will be greater than what is being produced. this is nonsense because we do not even use libean oil. I feel this is nothing but fear mongering at its best. Using any random excuse to raise the price of oil.

Oil is not sustainable at the current price, it will come down. watch.

Ugene55

Ready to race!
Since we are all talking about gas, I was wondering: Is it okay to put 87 octane gas in our GTI? Cuz ive been bouncing around from 89 to 87 since the first day I got my car. The dealer didnt mention anything about which octane is preferred.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Premium only on a turbo car. 91+ or you're risking either the knock sensor yanking ignition timing or pinging damaging your engine. Just realized that's a lot of "ings" in one sentence, probably a record.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Has anyone seen the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car"?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

McQueen77

Banned
Since we are all talking about gas, I was wondering: Is it okay to put 87 octane gas in our GTI? Cuz ive been bouncing around from 89 to 87 since the first day I got my car. The dealer didnt mention anything about which octane is preferred.

dude, seriously? people are still actually asking if you can run 87 in these cars? it says 91 right on the inside of the gas cap. turbo engine. VW isn't 'in on it' with the oil companies so you'll pay more money for gas. you run any less than 91 and youre engine will hate you.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone seen the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car"?

yes! a hipster in a tattoo shop recommended it to me when i was researching alternative fuels for a school project. i hear they're making another one called "Who Saved the Electric Car?" Fuel is another good one. watch it on netflix.

also, i paid $3.75 for premium a couple days ago. not feeling the pressure to drive less or more economically just yet...

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
phuck it! Let's wipe out all the species on earth, because were to cheap/ lazy/ arrogant to find new forms of transportation and fueling.

i'm just waiting for the US to start making better decisions in regards to recycling nuclear "waste". Every other country is recycling their waste while the US just collects this 70% useful material that can be reused.

Here is how i would like to see it
Nuclear power - > more electricity - > more electric ways of transportation - > saves me some money - some money goes towards GTI :laugh: