GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
New to the forum. Got the car back in October.
Very happy with it. 3rd VW, had a beetle in the 70's and
a scirocco in early 80's.

Sorry not the best picture, taken with my phone.

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 259

Polbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone, just picked up my first VW ever - 2010 Grey 2-door manual GTI, with Sunroof, Xenons, Bluetooth and 18" wheels. It was a close call between the GTI and a Genesis Coupe Grand Touring, but in the end the tranny in the GTI was the deciding factor - much nicer and smoother.

Anyway, looking forward to playing with the car and learning all about it.

Polbit

Heroic_Kaizer

Passed Driver's Ed
So I finally picked up my 2011 GTI. I was wondering, do I need to run the engine in to around 1k Km before I can really start flooring the car on DSG? I used it a bit already on the 2nd day but didnt rev it too high. Should I wait till the car is at around 1k km? The engine feels a bit tight and maybe Im not used to the pedals being harder than my old car. Thanks

llcreeperll

Ready to race!
Wow. I can't beleive I missed this thread. Ha.

Hi. I'm Jerry. Live here in San Antonio and just picked up my 2011 4 dr deep black pearl GTI last Wednesday. Considering I came from a Saturn Ion Redline, this car is the perfect amount of comfort and sportiness I've always wanted. I absolutlely love it and look forward to learning about and working on an engine I've never had before. I also look forward to talking to you all and helping out anyway I can. See you guys around.

abstractmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi. I'm new to VW and to the site. Just picked up my MKVI on Saturday and I'm loving it. I've mostly owned Hondas in the past and still love them, but there has always been a soft spot for VWs in my heart. I can't wait to get to know this car and enjoy it as much as my past rides.

Dioscuri1

Hi, I just picked up a white 4dr GTI this past Saturday.
I joined the forum back in Dec. of 2009 and went stray a bit, but I finally made an official debut and wanted to say "hi" to everyone here.

I'm not sure how much of tweaking I ended up doing in the near future, but I am certainly enjoying the smell of a new car and appreciating how blast it is to drive.

Thanks
Rex

Attachments

• IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 232
Hi guys, first time poster long time reader!

Over the past few months I have been looking for my next car. Between a Cup 250, A1, 1 Series and Alfa I decided on a GTI.

Literally ordered it today, don't get it until July. It is going to be a long wait! I wanted a few things that Australians generally don't want hence the specific order. They had one with leather but I didn't want to spend $3,300 on pretty standard leather if I didn't have to.

White, Xenon w/ LED, DSG, Roof, NAV, MDI, BT. I'm fairly pleased!

JasonH

Ready to race!
Hello!

Hey everyone,

Just picked up my first VW! A 2011 United Gray GTI!
I came from a 2007 V6 Mustang that Ford refused to fix under warranty...long story.

Anyway, I just installed a Pioneer AVIC and I'll be adding plenty more as time goes on.

inazuma

Hi all, my name is Richard from Indonesia. Been viewing this forum since I received my black 4dr gti 2 weeks ago.
Planning to make a view mods to it, however parts are hard to find locally so have to source overseas.
First mod will be the LED tail light, bought it in Singapore. Goods will arrive sometime next week and cant wait for it to get installed.
Cheers all.

kmd_mkv

New to the VW World!

Hey there!

I just bought my first VW which happens to be a 2010 GTI with about 14k miles on it...

I've always appreciated the way VW's and Audi's looked and felt all around. I just could never afford one until now. Although I'm stretching my budget with this... I know it's definitely worth it.

So with that said.. I look forward to reading up on what people have done to their rides and hope to see you all on the streets... (Well those in the Chicagoland area at least)

-Ken
:)

csvdubmk6

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, my name is carlos. I just picked up my 2011 GTI 2 weeks ago. ive always been a euro fan ( my previous car was a MINI cooper ). Ive been a part of a forum called motoringunderground.com but hopefuly things here are cool too...I got 2 door , candy white, DSG, xenon, nav and plaid interlagos seats. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and ive got some coil overs on the way already.

here a pic!

and heres what i plan to do with it ( tentative )

yes i do ride bikes

heres a pic of my old car:

csvdubmk6

Ready to race!
Hey there!

I just bought my first VW which happens to be a 2010 GTI with about 14k miles on it...

I've always appreciated the way VW's and Audi's looked and felt all around. I just could never afford one until now. Although I'm stretching my budget with this... I know it's definitely worth it.

So with that said.. I look forward to reading up on what people have done to their rides and hope to see you all on the streets... (Well those in the Chicagoland area at least)

-Ken
:)

Sup Ken, got a pic of your whip?

csvdubmk6

Ready to race!
Hi, I just picked up a white 4dr GTI this past Saturday.
I joined the forum back in Dec. of 2009 and went stray a bit, but I finally made an official debut and wanted to say "hi" to everyone here.

I'm not sure how much of tweaking I ended up doing in the near future, but I am certainly enjoying the smell of a new car and appreciating how blast it is to drive.

Thanks
Rex

i was almost gonna get a 4 door also, they both look super goood

kamesan

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my first VW a few days ago. It is a Carbon Steel 2011 2DR GTI Mk6 with 6-speed manual, never owned a VW. Living here in Las Vegas, NV and planning on moving to Seattle in a few years.

Ive wanted a Golf / GTI since Mk3 but was so interested in Nissan i never ended up getting one.

Just sold my '08 G37S with twin turbo installed because that GTI was taunting me and i just had to have it!

So i plan on getting stage 2 mods and leaving it at that, i dont need 500hp anymore lol. Not to mention expensive ass wheels i didnt get yet!

csvdubmk6

Ready to race!
Just got my first VW a few days ago. It is a Carbon Steel 2011 2DR GTI Mk6 with 6-speed manual, never owned a VW. Living here in Las Vegas, NV and planning on moving to Seattle in a few years.

Ive wanted a Golf / GTI since Mk3 but was so interested in Nissan i never ended up getting one.

Just sold my '08 G37S with twin turbo installed because that GTI was taunting me and i just had to have it!

So i plan on getting stage 2 mods and leaving it at that, i dont need 500hp anymore lol. Not to mention expensive ass wheels i didnt get yet!

damn 500hp! haha

I came from the MINI cooper crowd, we had cars putting down 250hp that would take on cars with 300+hp, cars are so small and light tho.

But yea man GTI's are definitly a lot more affordable to mod, well compared to the MINI