GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold air intake- worth it?

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi

I’m at 140k miles and have been thinking of some upgrades for my gti mkv. Car was revo stage 1 when I bought it, aside from that am stock.

I’ve read so many differing stories on intakes I just wanted to see what the status quo is on them

I was thinking of getting a bsh true seal intake, or alternatively I can save up some more money and go stage 2 with a down pipe and larger diameter catback exhaust

Any opinions welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
Im going stage 2 very soon, and I will be using the stock air box.

You will get slightly better throttle response with an intake but peak power falls short..

Ive done b2b pulls on my first GTI with other stage 2 MKVs. Stock box vs AF intake(I had a K&N intake, other was stock box), there was no noticeable straight line difference.

If you dont mind spending a few hundred bucks for some cool sounds, then its worth it for you. Also getting rid of the huge engine cover.

Going ebay for the downpipe, investing on better tires/alignment and all the other FSI weak points so I can rev it out with a piece of mind.

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
Im going stage 2 very soon, and I will be using the stock air box.

You will get slightly better throttle response with an intake but peak power falls short..

Ive done b2b pulls on my first GTI with other stage 2 MKVs. Stock box vs AF intake(I had a K&N intake, other was stock box), there was no noticeable straight line difference.

If you dont mind spending a few hundred bucks for some cool sounds, then its worth it for you. Also getting rid of the huge engine cover.

Going ebay for the downpipe, investing on better tires/alignment and all the other FSI weak points so I can rev it out with a piece of mind.

I’ll probably go twintake then thanks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk