GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrading my headunit

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
I'm also going to need this info... although I'll most likely get the MK6 steering wheel like post #12 not because I lack the buttons, but because my leather wrap is getting pretty worn.

StarsMars

I'm also going to need this info... although I'll most likely get the MK6 steering wheel like post #12 not because I lack the buttons, but because my leather wrap is getting pretty worn.

So I did a bit of digging. I contacted the ebay seller, he said that my 2008 gti should not suffer from battery drain.

I wanted to confirm.
"Vehicles belonging to the model series PQ35/PQ46 from model year 2008 (MY08) as well as the Tiguan have gateways that are updated."

Source: http://www.my-gti.com/1101/upgrading-2nd-generation-radios-rcd-300-rcd-500-to-3rd-generation-rcd-210-rcd-310-rns-310-rcd-510-power-drain-issue/comment-page-1
That link has most of the information required, including the part numbers to CAN bus gateways that will work if you need them.

Here is the link to the guide of installing and coding the new CAN bus gateway: https://www.my-gti.com/2296/can-bus-gateway-removing-installing-and-upgrading-volkswagen-golf

I am still trying to figure out what I need to get my steering wheel buttons working with it.

jokerforeva

Just installed this pretty cool unit still getting used to all the functions but have a few minor issues like it’s currently wired so the switch live comes off the back of the climatronic wires but when I turn my key to the second position when turning car off the headunit goes off I thought this was only gonna go off when I removed the key.
Any solutions ??

Also can anyone tell me the right wire at the back of the light switch that I can wire the headunit illumination wire to so It can do the auto dimming function when lights are on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jokerforeva

Figured out the wiring and added this

Kids never gonna bother me again on long road trips lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk