GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPA instake manifold with DPI W/M bungs.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here have HPA drill and tap the meth bungs on their manifold. For some reason I seem to remember people having clearance issues with the nozzles. Can anyone confirm there is or is not an issue with there bung placement? Getting my parts list together for my BT setup and thinking about going with HPA for the intake mani.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Not yet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Anyone here have HPA drill and tap the meth bungs on their manifold. For some reason I seem to remember people having clearance issues with the nozzles. Can anyone confirm there is or is not an issue with there bung placement? Getting my parts list together for my BT setup and thinking about going with HPA for the intake mani.

I don't think there is an issue, can't see why there would be. In their v1 they did tig weld in bungs and in v2 the pics I see are just drill and tap. The newer v2 castings have what appears to be a thicker section on the underside of the runner where they put the bungs before (v1) and where I intend to put mine. Probably would have been easier to keep the IE one I had it was already drilled and tapped.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
What he said. The IE would be a lot easier to put on. Plus the ie uses actual gaskets. The IE you need to use permatex to seal the manifold to the head and tb to manifold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
When I got the IE and was going to use it some folks gave me bad feedback on performance, was it true, it was too new to know. I went HPA since they have high powered cars running around already, so I know it can work.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Pics to illustrate differences between v1 and v2 and direct inject. Based on my reading the direct inject solutions are custom orders from HPA.

Pic 1 - HPA v1

Pic 2 - HPA v1 with HPA installed direct inject - bung welded in

Pic 3 - HPA v2

Pic 4 - HPA v2 - with factory supplied direct inject - drilled and tapped, no bung welded in.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Can I install this and notice a difference or do I need to tune?

This would actually hurt performance for anything K04 and under. You need to be running a decent size turbo to actually take advantage of it. It also doesn't have runner flaps so the correct tune would be needed to run it.