GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Compatible camber plates with Eibach Multi Pro coilovers?

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
It would help to know the thread pitch of the shock

Lots of aftermarket shocks are different threads than stock so I doubt it would be too big of an issue finding a solution.

I have Ground Controls on my Bilsteins, its really nice being able to adjust them in the car. They have over 40k on them without issue so they hold up really well. If I was in your boat, I would just call ground control and see if they can supply the correct hardware with their plates. They are a great company to work with for custom stuff.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
It would help to know the thread pitch of the shock

Lots of aftermarket shocks are different threads than stock so I doubt it would be too big of an issue finding a solution.

I have Ground Controls on my Bilsteins, its really nice being able to adjust them in the car. They have over 40k on them without issue so they hold up really well. If I was in your boat, I would just call ground control and see if they can supply the correct hardware with their plates. They are a great company to work with for custom stuff.

I don't like the way the ground control plates mount, I'd rather have the plate mount like the factory top hats. I just don't trust all the weight of the front end supported by 3 nuts.

Did you cut your strut towers for the GC plates?

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
I'm not sure why you think that the weight of the car is on the 3 bolts, they are simply there to hold tension on the mount. When you loosen the nuts the 3 bolts hang completely free in the car. The weight of the car is sitting on the mount which sits on the btm of the shock towers, just like stock...

It's probably the best camber plate that I have worked with on this chassis. Its got a ton of adjustment and you can do the adjustment without removing the plate from the car. These things take a beating and are still tight with no noise, and I drive on these a TON!

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
You will also notice, that when ordering, there is a option for which type of shock you are using, so they have different hardware depending on the shock. I have no doubt they offer a solution for the coilovers you are looking at.

MikeG918

Passed Driver's Ed
I went through this not too long ago man. I couldn't find any that had the right pitch, I just ended up using a helicoil with the IE camber plates since there's enough metal to drill out on their top nut. It was a little nerve racking but with a drill press you don't really have anything to worry about.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I went through this not too long ago man. I couldn't find any that had the right pitch, I just ended up using a helicoil with the IE camber plates since there's enough metal to drill out on their top nut. It was a little nerve racking but with a drill press you don't really have anything to worry about.

Did you figure out what the thread pitch is?

dmfracer

Ready to race!
Vorshlag can make camber/caster plates to work with any strut/spring combo, including coil overs. They worked with me on the CC plates for my car to make sure everything fit, was the right thread pitch, made a spacer for the top mount, proper spring perch for my spring.

I am not affiliated, just a happy customer. I paid $450 for mine.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure why you think that the weight of the car is on the 3 bolts, they are simply there to hold tension on the mount. When you loosen the nuts the 3 bolts hang completely free in the car. The weight of the car is sitting on the mount which sits on the btm of the shock towers, just like stock...

It's probably the best camber plate that I have worked with on this chassis. Its got a ton of adjustment and you can do the adjustment without removing the plate from the car. These things take a beating and are still tight with no noise, and I drive on these a TON!

I didn't realize GC had 2 different plates. I was under the assumption that these were the only plates they have.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=148/CA=88

These mount on top of the strut tower and have the nuts on the underside where the top mounts would normally sit. Having scene these other plates from them as stated above I'll more than likely go this route.

Edit: I'm just worried since these seem more street oriented than the other offerings out there.

dmfracer

Ready to race!
Those CC plates mount from the bottom. Here's a shot of the top of the strut tower with the Vorshlag CC plates on my car for proof (they are a similar design to the GC looks like. :) I just ran out and took this picture just for you!

The picture in your post right above this one looks similar in design to mine but those GC plates don't look like they have caster adjustment (even though GC's description says you can adjust for caster - I don't see how unless that picture isn't the right one). My Vorshlag's do have caster as you can see by the slotted hole where the strut rod/top nut are.

The link to the square black plates with camber and caster adjustment don't look like they would fit a MKV.

I didn't realize GC had 2 different plates. I was under the assumption that these were the only plates they have.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=148/CA=88

These mount on top of the strut tower and have the nuts on the underside where the top mounts would normally sit. Having scene these other plates from them as stated above I'll more than likely go this route.

Edit: I'm just worried since these seem more street oriented than the other offerings out there.

Last edited:

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
Think I'm going the GC route. Anyone have some opinions on these?

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=870/CA=88

As I said above, these are the plates that I run in my own car. I have also installed them on several customer cars with a mix of stock or aftermarket suspension. These plates are great because they can work with any coilover kit that fits the car, OR stock/lowering springs. They are also adjustable in the car, and have a ton of camber adjustment. They do not offer caster adjustment, but IMO, as an alignment tech, it isn't necessary on these cars. With the combination of the camber plates plus the movement in the subframe, you can get a VERY good setup.Also as it states in the information on their website, these are rebuildable, so they will outlast the suspension on the car more than likely. My set has over 40k on them and the make no noise, clunks and the bearings were very tight when I put them on. Very solid and reliable option for sure.

I have installed plates from several other manufacturers and these are definitely our go-to setup for our customers who need some more adjustalility from the factory.

dmfracer

Ready to race!
Not sure why'd you'd settle for a Caster Camber plate that is just a Camber plate like those Ground Controls. But it's your money. The guy posting above me is probably a GC dealer so his opinion is automatically biased.

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
The shop I work at has a pair on the shelf for sale, but I wouldn't call us a "dealer" by any means. I'm talking about my personal car and what I run on it, I bought the setup used from a friend off his mkv track car that I swapped on a set of KW v3's.

The GC plates are badass, he asked for a review on them so I posted my experience.