GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HFP-A35HV In tank pump upgrade review**

Orest100

So I've been having some issues with my apr stage 3 Gti and after logging my fuel pressures, it was obvious I needed a new low pressure pump. During the pull my low pressure would drop under 1.9 bar @ 98% duty cycle and never allow me to reach my requested rail pressure.

I purchased and installed the HFP-A35HV pump I got off http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-21278...olkswagen-golf-gls-glx-gti-vr6-1998-2006.html

So far I did a couple logs and the pumps legit!
Through out the pull I'm at 6 bar fuel pressure steady without dropping and my pump duty cycle only gets to about 88% also my rail pressure is meeting requested psi. Car feels way better, pulls like a horse till redline.

Pump fit and installed without any issues. Can't beat it for the price plus it has life time warranty. So for you guys that are skeptical because this pump is so cheap compared to others I am running it so if you have any questions pm me!

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
ordered one

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Got mine today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Installing this thing today finally. Funny enough the OP has gone AWOL. I had PMed him to get his feelings on the pump but no response. Hopefully that's a good thing haha

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Pump went in easily and runs great. $80 shipped seems like a good deal

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
How did you put pump into standard fuel pump catridge? I have problems about that, cannt fit in

What is the problem you are having? You must take apart the basket

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it does not fit all 2.0T fuel pump baskets. You have to buy an older FSI basket for it to work (see the other 2 people that said they installed it have a 2006 model year GTI).

Here's a picture of mine. I installed it yesterday and it works without a problem. I had to buy an older FSI basket off ebay and installed it in there. The pump basket on the right is what came in my car. Part number for the FSI pump/basket that I purchased is 1K0919051AQ. I think 1.8T pumps will work as well, but I can't confirm that.

$120 for fuel pump (best offer on ebay) + $55 for FSI basket = $175. Great deal.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Nice! That confirms the pump isn't my issue really. Mine has been working great I just have an unrelated fuel cut

SaschGo

Boost Junkie
Hi All!
anybody here who have problems with the A35HV too?

I have the problem that the fuel pressure drops too 2.5 bar sometimes if the fuel tank is lower then 1/4 filled.

Thanks
SaschGo

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Hi All!
anybody here who have problems with the A35HV too?

I have the problem that the fuel pressure drops too 2.5 bar sometimes if the fuel tank is lower then 1/4 filled.

Thanks
SaschGo

Interesting that it is happening for you in the same similar way it did to me at 1/4 tank. I have just been keeping my tank more full in the meantime. I haven't felt like messing with it in the heat