GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

Tater Salad

Go Kart Champion
Not too much man. I'm one of the few with my GTI still lol. What's new with you?

That's awesome man! me? well, let's see...

Came back from Canada with a wife and two kids. Traded my Jetta (after 10 years of loyal service) for an old Murano, cuz you know. kids.

Murano was a piece, traded it in for a Q7 (older, and also prone to break downs)

and now she drives the Q, and I drive a Suze back and forth to work (and get to stare at my old jetta that's still thriving at my work place)

few days ago, I started thinking about buying a second vehicle (since Houston is prone to the occasional monsoon) and begin perusing the used boards for a GTI.

that led me back to this forum, where I was like HOLY SHIT time has flown!!!

that's about it.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That's awesome man! me? well, let's see...

Came back from Canada with a wife and two kids. Traded my Jetta (after 10 years of loyal service) for an old Murano, cuz you know. kids.

Murano was a piece, traded it in for a Q7 (older, and also prone to break downs)

and now she drives the Q, and I drive a Suze back and forth to work (and get to stare at my old jetta that's still thriving at my work place)

few days ago, I started thinking about buying a second vehicle (since Houston is prone to the occasional monsoon) and begin perusing the used boards for a GTI.

that led me back to this forum, where I was like HOLY SHIT time has flown!!!

that's about it.

Hahaha that's awesome. Well, if you do find one, be sure to check the passenger side frame rail by the axle. Unless you're into bags and stance.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Seeing some old usernames definitely brought a smile to my face!

RSMark5 pops in once in awhile. Eric (Eurocars) has gone even more full retard on his GTI. He has a build thread. There are a lot of insane builds for the few OG's still left.

Most have either moved on to other cars or post on the various Facebook groups.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
hmmm, definitely not. trying to figure out what year I want to shoot for (once I have a couple of things paid off...)

Yeah, I prefer 2006's with the blue glass, but as long as it's not a TSI. FSI for me, even if they do have the cam follower wear (replace every 15-20k and you'll be good).

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Hahaha that's awesome. Well, if you do find one, be sure to check the passenger side frame rail by the axle. Unless you're into bags and stance.
If one were to check that area, what sorts of things would one be looking for? And where would one find it/them?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Tater Salad

Go Kart Champion
RSMark5 pops in once in awhile. Eric (Eurocars) has gone even more full retard on his GTI. He has a build thread. There are a lot of insane builds for the few OG's still left.

Most have either moved on to other cars or post on the various Facebook groups.

Jeez, I guess it has been quite a while, huh...

ever hear from Kirk or Jessica?

Tater Salad

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I prefer 2006's with the blue glass, but as long as it's not a TSI. FSI for me, even if they do have the cam follower wear (replace every 15-20k and you'll be good).

I do like the 06's. like I said, my jetta has 135,000 miles on it and is still kicking just fine (even after sitting for the last couple of years...)

but I'm thinking something newer might be better, hopefully less miles...

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
If one were to check that area, what sorts of things would one be looking for? And where would one find it/them?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

This (the frame should be solid where the axle is by). It's notched because the frame hits the axle on that side when you air out or are super slammed on coils.

IMG_8450.JPG

Jeez, I guess it has been quite a while, huh...

ever hear from Kirk or Jessica?

What was Kirks SN? Haven't seen Jessica for sure.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I do like the 06's. like I said, my jetta has 135,000 miles on it and is still kicking just fine (even after sitting for the last couple of years...)

but I'm thinking something newer might be better, hopefully less miles...

I hear you. 153k on my 2006. It'd have 190 if it were still a daily lol.