TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just to get a general consensus and confirm some thoughts I've been having, there's no logical reason to buy an MK6 at this point, right? With the minimal changes made from the MK5 and certified MK7's showing up, I'm having a hard time finding a good reason other than saving a few thousand dollars.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Just to get a general consensus and confirm some thoughts I've been having, there's no logical reason to buy an MK6 at this point, right? With the minimal changes made from the MK5 and certified MK7's showing up, I'm having a hard time finding a good reason other than saving a few thousand dollars.

I was thinking about a MK6 Golf R but I couldn't get past the fact its basically a MKV with a facelift

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The only thing the Mk6R has going for it is that it has the FSI which I honestly feel is a more durable engine than the TSI and that resale is still really strong on them.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
The only thing the Mk6R has going for it is that it has the FSI which I honestly feel is a more durable engine than the TSI and that resale is still really strong on them.

I KNOW, ugh, that's why I was so torn.

But screw it, I'm going to try and get one from carmax with their extended warranty, so what ever. I had one on my MKV and they paid for everything except regular maintenance. The VW dealer would get paid to do the work from the warranty company so they looked for shit that was broken just so they could get paid to fix it.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Maybe, but you still can't deny the water pump issue and the intake flapper issue and having to replace the whole fucking manifold where as on the FSI you just need the flapper motor.

If I was in the market, it'd be a tough choice between a Mk6R vs PP 6MT Mk7 GTI. The Mk7 is good, really good.