GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech hpfp failure with pics

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
Reviving an oldish thread but I'm stage 2+ with IE hpfp and it failed on me a couple days ago. Fuel cuts are awful. Checked cf and changed cf (wasn't event that much wear) but the rod seemed slightly 'stuck'. Should I lube this and try and clean out my fuel system somehow?

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
Fuel cuts, I'll be wot, 20 psi, not enough fuel supply, boost flutters up and down as fuel is cutting out. Also lots of popping noises coming out the back and some smoke apparently. Check engine reads fuel pressure regulator to performance

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
And this is why I will only run the APR pump. I hate the company as a whole but when it comes to the HPFP, I don't think anyone has it down like they do. Very rarely do you hear of a pump failure from them. Autotech, KMD and HPFP upgrade have a terrible history. Way to many horror stories on all 3 of them. I'm really surprised to hear about the IE failures though!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have had no issues after, my Autotech destroyed things and, I went with APR's hpfp.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
A few suppliers I know have dealt with a bunch of failures of the ie hpfp...one big one doesn't even sell em any more.

I have heard of no failures with the IE pump, very few are running them.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
No running a APR pump, gbkoen01's post is the first I have seen of a customer reporting the issue on any forum, facebook, or instagram.

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
I have IE internals. Everything looked fine when I changed my cam follower. Maybe I got a bad tank of gas? I filled up at marathon last time and I almost always go to Shell. I doubt that theres that much of a difference if I always use 93 octane though. Or is it a lpfp or fuel filter problem?

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
I have had no issues after, my Autotech destroyed things and, I went with APR's hpfp.

I wish I had just gone with APR. I need new tires soon (and wheels to accompany them) and I don't wanna dish out $1000 on another pump