GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OG's thread, show us what you're in now.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
how do you like it?

Loving it so far. The big V8 is very torquey and it makes a great noise. The car feels like it's got endless grip (though I do drive like a grandma) and the steering feels amazing.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Loving it so far. The big V8 is very torquey and it makes a great noise. The car feels like it's got endless grip (though I do drive like a grandma) and the steering feels amazing.

I only ask because now that I've finished school I can finally look up market. I'm a bit intimidated buying a car that was once so expensive just because of the potential maintenance bills

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
It's a BMW. May as well bend over. With that said, I've heard people say the E9X's are a bit more reliable/require less up keep than E46 M3's.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
The S65 M3 is a lot of car for the money. Like the S85 they have occasional injector issues and also have some issues with rods / bearings at "higher mileage" which can be sub 100k depending on how it was driven. I really considered an earlier model but went with the 135 instead since I like the size better and knew I would mod it. They come with the same dual clutch.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I only ask because now that I've finished school I can finally look up market. I'm a bit intimidated buying a car that was once so expensive just because of the potential maintenance bills

It's a BMW. May as well bend over. With that said, I've heard people say the E9X's are a bit more reliable/require less up keep than E46 M3's.

The only issues I've seen on the forums are rod bearing (which seems like a VERY rare issue) and throttle actuators failing (this is more common). Cost of maintenance varies. Oil changes are about $180 before labor mainly because the S65 requires like 8 literes.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Even though I didn't do much posting back in the day to be considered an "OG" I like to think of myself as one of the first few people that contributed to this forum before all the scene kids ruined it for the mkv/Vw scene. Still have it, off the road but I still have it lol. Currently having issues getting it to pass emissions. Once it passes emissions it's going back on the road and I'm driving it till the wheels fall off lol (currently has 130k miles)

Bought it in 2009

I like to think of this at its prime (around this time last year)

And a few weeks ago (trade my air and wheels for a set of BC coils, steelies and cash)

And then I cleaned the garage and had to get an Instagram worthy picture lol

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Just picked this beauty up on Saturday!

2013 C7 A6 Prestige 3.0t Quattro
Has every bell and whistle you can think of except for the Bang and Olufsen sound system. I'm in love lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Oh damn! An A6! Almost everyone I know goes the A/S 4 route, glad to see an A6 instead. Seriously interested in your impressions and experience with it moving forward. I'm strongly considering it when the time comes.

So far I cannot stop grinning from ear to ear. Same motor as the S4, but far more luxurious. The 8 speed transmission is really smooth, and while it isn't as fast as a dsg, it is still very impressive.

The tech in this car is borderline intimidating until you get to learn how to use everything.

I love driving with the IR camera at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk