GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OG's thread, show us what you're in now.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Ohai Dustin!

Quick photo of my trunk setup. Everything 100% hidden, stealth. Quiet as all hell, and fast as all hell, just the way I like it! Don't want to hear it or see it!

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
I <3 this thread.

Driving this 2007 4dr since December. My BT plans have been put off for a very long time, so now they're happening in this car. Tuning hopefully by Cobb.

Good to see you guys are still around and doing big things with your Golf Rs, M3s, C63s, E30s, etc.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I <3 this thread.

Driving this 2007 4dr since December. My BT plans have been put off for a very long time, so now they're happening in this car. Tuning hopefully by Cobb.

Good to see you guys are still around and doing big things with your Golf Rs, M3s, C63s, E30s, etc.

Whoa. You've talked to Cobb then?

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Cobb announced their support for the TSI in late March, so that gives the option to all MK6s EXCEPT the Golf R. As soon as they start working on the Golf R (I'm assuming it's inevitable), they will effectively be working on a solution for the early MKVs as well.

I did speak to someone at Cobb the day after they released the AP and tunes for the TSI, and he said they are planning to support early MKVs. So there's some vague confirmation directly from them too.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Cobb announced their support for the TSI in late March, so that gives the option to all MK6s EXCEPT the Golf R. As soon as they start working on the Golf R (I'm assuming it's inevitable), they will effectively be working on a solution for the early MKVs as well.

I did speak to someone at Cobb the day after they released the AP and tunes for the TSI, and he said they are planning to support early MKVs. So there's some vague confirmation directly from them too.

Oh interesting. I thought they were going to focus on the Mk7's after the 6's.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah I'm sure that's the case, but do you think they'd skip over the MK6 Golf R? I hope not lol that's my only hope.

I thought they were planning on the Mk6 R which had my hopes up since it's an FSI. But obviously it's a completely different ECU than the MkV FSI.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
I thought they were planning on the Mk6 R which had my hopes up since it's an FSI. But obviously it's a completely different ECU than the MkV FSI.

People on the interwebz (including employees of REVO and Bluefin) are pretty convinced it is in fact the MED9 ECU.

Hi Andrew,

*It’s definitely and MED9 ECU, all of the TFSI models still are (Golf R, Scirocco R, TTRS). The engine is still the S3, TTS, Leon Cupra engine whereas the newer generation engine found in the Golf Gti – 2.0TSI uses an MED17 ECU and the 3.0TSI engines from the S4/S5 use a Siemens ECU.

Source: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/archive/index.php/t-3067.html

Edit: I thought the TTRS bit was a typo, but the 2.5TFSI also uses the MED9 lol.

Edit 2: APR Confirms - https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans_r.html