GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

TimVFR

Has anyone been in contact with them recently? I've been trying to get a concern remedied with my programmer I purchased. My last email from them was over a month ago, and nothing since. I'm hoping to be able to post some very positive reviews, once I get to use my programmer. Thanks.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Has anyone been in contact with them recently? I've been trying to get a concern remedied with my programmer I purchased. My last email from them was over a month ago, and nothing since. I'm hoping to be able to post some very positive reviews, once I get to use my programmer. Thanks.

Maybe post your problem and someone here can address you concern? Maybe

TimVFR

I purchased my MKV used and discovered after ordering my DM programmer that my ECU had already been "chipped". This was blocking the programmer from pulling the "stock" info from the ECU. Was given the option of sending in my ECU or using their loaner tool to flash my ECU to allow use of the programmer. Not wanting to down my car I elected to go with using their loaner tool, have been waiting my turn. Garrett was being very helpful in the process and let me know they would take care of getting their tool to me on their dime due to my waiting so long. This was on 1/13, and nothing since? I have been really looking forward to using my programmer as an upgrade to my MKV. Don't know who may have "chipped" my ECU, but I am still getting the P0420 fault intermittently. The car came with a turbo back exhaust also.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Do you know what flash is on your car? I went to an APR dealer to get flashed back to OEM stock and was able to pull my file with the programmer.

EDIT: Just noticed your location, looks like you have really limited options.

TimVFR

I did contact APR, since they record VIN's with their flash. They had no record. And yes, being on Maui is what led me to going with Driver Motorsport as the "best" option. Just wish they would follow up with emails to get me going.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Man I love Maui, been like 6 years since I was there last time. Anyway maybe you can buy a spare ecu and ship it to dm to get it flashed. I've seen ecu's sell as cheap as $100. DM guys will make it right in the end somehow, and I'm loving my K04 DM tune since last march.

TimVFR

Last email I got from them I was next in line to get their loaner flashing tool to return my ECU to stock , that would allow my use of their programmer. Kinda stuck at this point without any communication from them.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I had a similar issue when I first received my programmer a year ago. Instead of the loaner tool, Bronson remotely remedied the issue using team view, I believe. They may or may not still use that as an option to the loaner tool.

TimVFR

It's coming up on two months with no reply from DM to emails. Even sent a letter and left a voice message on the phone number on their ECU order form. Has anyone been in touch with them recently?? Thanks.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
That's kind of shitty. I've had similar experiences with them taking a long time to reply to emails or not at all. I sent them multiple emails to buy stickers many months ago and they never responded to any of them.

Then I sent them an email for my stage 2+ tune and they replied back within 24 hours which was nice.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I've been talking with Garrett as of late. He responds, albeit slowly, but I was supposed to get a stock emissions K04 file from them over a month ago. He told me he would send me the file a week ago and no response. He emails me yesterday after I ask him what happened, and he says he would send it last night. No response.

Now I sent him an email this morning, and I get a mailbox message saying that his inbox is full and can't receive any more emails. I'm getting a little frustrated to say the least. I've been extremely patient for 2 months, and I'm not happy after dropping $700+ on their programmer and tunes.

The 91oct K04 file is fantastic no doubt. I'm extremely happy with the way it drives and it pulls like a freight train. But with my smog test coming up soon I really want my stock file, and the ability to take advantage of using the programmer I have to flash my own car by myself. It's one of the reasons I left APR for them.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I can do a vagcom scan again but it didn't look like any of my readiness tests had any issues (All set). I am running a 200 cel cat and when its WOT it gets pretty rich/sooty, with a real cat and avoiding going WOT on the sniffer rollers I doubt you will have a problem even in California.

The crew at DM have always been really responsive, dont know much about the internal goings on but they appear to be growing massively. Haven't contacted them since Febuary though, going to be sending in logs in a day or two for an ongoing issue.d

TimVFR

Getting frustrated to say the least. Just saw they had updated their Facebook page, and also deleted my post asking if anyone has been in contact with them. And yet still no replies to my emails, letter, phone call, or support requests. I really would like to get to use my programmer that I spent good money for. I keep hearing how good their software runs, and want to be satified user and support them. But, they really need to improve their customer service and support.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
with my smog test coming up soon I really want my stock file, and the ability to take advantage of using the programmer I have to flash my own car by myself

just flash it over to the stock ori file for the emission testing. You should have that file since it's the first one you read with the programmer.