GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DM K04 vs V10 M5

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
i knew he wanted to play around just by how fast he caught up to me. Did a slow rolling stop to the light saw it was turning yellow, so i slowed up shifted to second waiting for the light to turn green as i was creeping. M5 in the lane to the left is matching my speed ETC, as soon as the light turned green revved second gear out pretty far tell he got on it.

Probably a 25-35 mph rolling start we were door to door up to 120 / next light. but after 120 he started to pull away but not by much maybe half a car, to a car i know it only would have started to pull away harder. We stop at the light chatted for a second he was very surprised as was i , asked him what engine mods etc , exhaust, wheels, suspension, V10.

We peace sighed and went on our way, Now i have the itch for way way more power..bummer.. was fun though :drool:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Sounds like your ride is running great now. Much better than previous tune?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
As I began reading the story I chuckled. I do the same thing when I see someone obviously trying to catch up. I slow way down hoping to catch a light rather than get separated by one.

Good times :drinking:

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
As I began reading the story I chuckled. I do the same thing when I see someone obviously trying to catch up. I slow way down hoping to catch a light rather than get separated by one.

Good times :drinking:
Same here.. it's funny to see other people do similar things, long time ago I thought I was the weirdo lol..

One other thing, if you're cruising around looking for random runs, I've found you get a better chance if you're going slow, say 40-45 mph, rather than 60. So what you wanna do is go slower than most cars coming up behind you and the moment you see something good and promising, let them pass and catch up. The other way is to go faster than most cars up ahead and let them see you instead. I've tried both ways and the first is always better (although boring).

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
So I guess I'm not the only ko4 to keep a V10 M5 at bay. I remember the thread I started about this awhile ago so much drama. Guess I wasn't so crazy after all ;)

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So I guess I'm not the only ko4 to keep a V10 M5 at bay. I remember the thread I started about this awhile ago so much drama. Guess I wasn't so crazy after all ;)

right definitely a non believable story to some, but when other's have been in the same type of situation they know how surprising the k04 can be. still shocks me how quick this car is only on 91..

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Same here.. it's funny to see other people do similar things, long time ago I thought I was the weirdo lol..

One other thing, if you're cruising around looking for random runs, I've found you get a better chance if you're going slow, say 40-45 mph, rather than 60. So what you wanna do is go slower than most cars coming up behind you and the moment you see something good and promising, let them pass and catch up. The other way is to go faster than most cars up ahead and let them see you instead. I've tried both ways and the first is always better (although boring).

lol it is pretty funny to see alot of people drive and do similar things on the road :thumbsup:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
right definitely a non believable story to some, but when other's have been in the same type of situation they know how surprising the k04 can be. still shocks me how quick this car is only on 91..

And I run wm and race file.