GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JanK's (Mr.President) Build Thread/ Progression

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Great build man. Really wish I had more pics of parts like you do. Jelly of the lsd not to mention the k04 and all the other go fast bits I don't have.
Keep up the good work.
On a side note. What is it you did with you gas cap? I'm confused a little on that one.

mkvrabb

Passed Driver's Ed
Great build man. Really wish I had more pics of parts like you do. Jelly of the lsd not to mention the k04 and all the other go fast bits I don't have.
Keep up the good work.
On a side note. What is it you did with you gas cap? I'm confused a little on that one.

I think he sent it off when the rear end was ordered so it could be colour matched properly.

This build and yours Elliott are my two favourite "builds" going! Keep up the awesome work!

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Subscribed.
I love it.

Thanks man, I love your build too!

Keep up the good work.

I think he sent it off when the rear end was ordered so it could be colour matched properly.

This build and yours Elliott are my two favourite "builds" going! Keep up the awesome work!

What he said. So it matches the color perfectly, they needed a part from my car, the gas cap was the easiest to send them :smile:

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
These came in today.

Love the way DoubleApex package their products. Always a joy opening them.

These are direct replacement ones, not just some paddles you stick with double sided tape.

Installing these as soon as I can.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
These came in today.

Love the way DoubleApex package their products. Always a joy opening them.

These are direct replacement ones, not just some paddles you stick with double sided tape.

Installing these as soon as I can.

Those look great. I have the stick on ones and to be perfectly honest they've been awesom, and for only 15 bucks. But these are amazing!

Tapatalkin

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Last night I decided I needed to put the DSG paddles on, so I drove to my friend's house 2 clicks away from mine and came bearing gifts of friendship (beer) so I didn't have to do it alone.

First up, reading the instructions carefully before you throw them out your window, because we all know you know what you're doing.

Disconnected the battery and looked at the fuse box, to pull out the third one for the airbag.

Setting up our makeshift mirror and light.

The instructions mentioned something about a 2min break, for any residual electricity to dissipate. So we took this time to discard them for our beer and took a 5min break. The beer is called Bevog btw and is locally brewed 45min from my location in Austria.. by a Slovenian.

This was less than comfortable to do, but with liquid courage in our asses it was fine.

After we got the paddles out, we needed to switch the stock outer paddle with the DoubleApex one, this was a bit tough on the fingers.

One side complete

Both sides complete, with airbag back clipped into the steering wheel.

Looks quite good and feels even better.

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Yeah I love that USB charger. I've not seen it before. I might have to get one myself

It's great stuff! Easy to install and most if not all tools required to do the installation are in the package.

Got my auto switch working when this light sensor came in, which I got from USP Motorsports:

freshslate

Constant
wow man amazing work. and you weren't kidding when you said you ran into some money. holy shit that must've been close to 10k worth of parts right there

Heitzke

I am the law
Looks really nice. I'm going to have to go ahead and grab one of those doubleapex usb chargers.

Love seeing all the high quality stuff going on here

JanK

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
That's pretty cool too. I didn't know about that light sensor product

So far it works pretty good, except I can't compare it to OEM because I never had such a function in my car.

wow man amazing work. and you weren't kidding when you said you ran into some money. holy shit that must've been close to 10k worth of parts right there

Haha, I rarely do.

Looks really nice. I'm going to have to go ahead and grab one of those doubleapex usb chargers.

Love seeing all the high quality stuff going on here