GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What brand?^

I purchased from 42DD like my current setup so this is just a bolt in replacement. They use Magnaflow mufflers and cats.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I purchased from 42DD like my current setup so this is just a bolt in replacement. They use Magnaflow mufflers and cats.

Nice. I look forward to hearing whether the cat makes a difference. Hopefully you do your mods one at a time and can report back on the improvements they make individually.

You'll probably need to run a 42dd O2 sensor spacer with the higher flow cat or you'll likely throw a CEL.

Also, if you're looking for 330whp you'll probably need to switch to a stronger tune, like DM. :thumbup:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Nice. I look forward to hearing whether the cat makes a difference. Hopefully you do your mods one at a time and can report back on the improvements they make individually.

You'll probably need to run a 42dd O2 sensor spacer with the higher flow cat or you'll likely throw a CEL.

Also, if you're looking for 330whp you'll probably need to switch to a stronger tune, like DM. :thumbup:

We will see. I am running the GIAC race file. I think if I get things right the potential is there for 330. I think with DM and some rods I can do much better which will be the next step after this round. They I am going to start on the interior. Thanks for the thought on the spacers, not used them before.

Spacer ordered. Thanks Bunnspeed

Last edited:

Uomo

Ξ ι lιĸe вιɢ &
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Exactly, its about the process. My last car was a 2004 GTO.

That's a wicked AUSSIE beast you drove. That will become a classic one day, given GM has decided to closed down the Holden manufacturing plant/design studio.
But, love the GTI more lol, the BBS rims make the car stance a lot more aggressive:w00t:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
How do you like the TyrolSport Stiffner kit?

I would highly recommend it. I purchased the kit without realizing just what it was and was assuming it would firm up the brake pedal. Of course that is not what it does. On either side of the brake piston are a couple of flexible guides which provide marginal assistance in keeping the brake pad pressed flatly on the rotor. This kit as you know replaces those guides with a couple of bronze rods which work well with the single brake piston to insure even pressure between pad and rotor. It is an upgrade that is subtle but noticeable.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That's a wicked AUSSIE beast you drove. That will become a classic one day, given GM has decided to closed down the Holden manufacturing plant/design studio.
But, love the GTI more lol, the BBS rims make the car stance a lot more aggressive:w00t:

Thanks it was a beast, quite comfortable and very quick with all the mods (Vortch supercharger, cam, headers and fueling to support it) I sold it, ran out of stuff to do to it. Did every suspension mod available. Car was tuned by the engineer at Magnaflow. Still like my VW better, especially now that the motor is really starting to wake up with the mods. New dyno run soon.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The move from the 600 cell cat to the 200 cell hi flo really changed the car. At first the car didn't seem to respond positively to the change but after driving it more now it seems to really like it and the top end is MUCH bigger now, it really opened it up. It is really a beast as all of you other K04 guys know.

The APR intercooler is on the way and will get installed when it arrives (going S3 to APR intercooler). At the same time I will be moving from single to dual nozzle water/meth system.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Wow, glad the change has been such a positive one. I'm also glad I never bought the full-sized cat like I'd been planning to do. Keep the updates coming!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Wow, glad the change has been such a positive one. I'm also glad I never bought the full-sized cat like I'd been planning to do. Keep the updates coming!

Yeah the car is running very well and you want to do stomp on the pedal and run through the gears. Downside though is the amount of noise. The quality of the exhaust note is about as good as I have ever heard coming out of a four banger, it is really nice but it is in no way subtle and it is loud enough to scare people when you get on it and of course get you noticed by the wrong folks.
Of course the saving grace is the Jekyll and Hyde character of the system. Drive it gently and it is very stock like in the volume of sound. Stomp on it and it is a monster and there is no question that the car is modified.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Do you have the Street Density mounts or the Track Density? Are the vibrations bad at a stop?

I have the street density mounts on a DSG. When I first installed them the vibration at a stop was annoying after a couple thousand miles it is much less but livable. Of course they work great once you are moving with no extra vibration noticable.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Drove the car for the first time with the dual nozzle (from single nozzle) and the APR intercooler (from an S3 intercooler). Car is running very strong on top (stronger than before the mods). I got a chance to run a modified EVO 8 today. He chased me down to a stoplight and wanted to roll. We made a left and I was on the outside lane when I came alongside we both nailed it at essentially the same time but we were in second gear so he had the advantage because I don't have full traction. He shot out right away and my front bumper was even with his rear and we stayed that way through third and when I hit fourth I was starting to creep up on him but traffic ahead and trying to be sane we shut down. He pulled over for a quick salutation, and asked what they heck I had done, that thing is fast were his last words.

I still need to log things and possibly adjust water meth nozzle sizes. I am now ready for the DriverMotorsport tune so I can get max HP out of this setup but it is running very nicely right now almost hate to mess with it but almost.